twenty-seven

In which there's a bus ride.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

Choi Mirae could definitely fail at life if it depended on packing.

She had only spent three minutes on packing for the school trip for the next day, managing to get her whole wardrobe on her bed while trying to look for a presentable pajama. The ones she had had either hole she hasn't bothered to sew, or were too worn out that had already lost their original color, or were just too tight to wear in the cold of the outer sides of the city.

"Why don't you just sleep with a hoodie and sweatpants?" her sister asked when Mirae went to her room for help.

"Don't be too genius, you make me feel dumb," she mumbled after realizing the idea was just what she needed.

"You are!"

"Shut up!"

However, once she solved her pajamas issue, she struggled on choosing what clothes she should wear for the working days.

For all she knew, she had to wear long pants because there were a lot of mosquitoes. And maybe a swimsuit, if she had the will to be in the pool in the beginning of May. Despite being the first days of summer, the weather was still chilly.

She tried not to give it too much thought and packed three pair of leggings and one skinny jean. She packed her bikini along a black shirt to put on top of it—because there was no way she was going to show her body in front of the whole class. A big fat no-no—and a pair of sport shorts since her stretch marks weren't going to be on display either. As much as she was comfortable having them, she knew there were very judgmental people on her class. And she didn't want to fight them.

With the shirts, she just grabbed different ones she felt comfortable wearing and packed her undergarments; she also put inside a big cozy black jacket, just in case she got cold in the night before closing the bag. She left it on the side of her bed and finally plopped down in the middle of the darkness of her room.

After the mini-runaway she did on the dance rehearsal, she had to go back through each choreography she took part until it was near perfect, which didn't give her time to speak with Jisung until the teacher dismissed the session. By that time, she had been too tired to talk at all, so she went home on the car of Rhujin's mom since they lived a few blocks away from Mirae's house.

She wanted to at least speak to him through messages, but after realizing it was already late, she dismissed the idea knowing he was probably asleep by then. She turned around on the bed, facing the window and stared at the pitch sky, her mind going through the moment once again.

Have mercy on me, Han Jisung, she thought as her eyes started to close, my heart can't take all your charms at once!

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

Mirae literally jumped out of bed when her alarm went off.

She managed to turn it off before sprinting to the bathroom, where she quickly showered herself, brushed her teeth and untangled her wet hair in record time. There was no specific reason why she had to hurry, but she knew how long her sister took an exaggerated amount of time while getting ready, so she chose to play safe.

"Well, good morning to you too," Miyoung raised her eyebrows as Mirae ran past her on the hall.

"Unnie, please be ready on time!"

"I'll see what I can do," her sister yawned before getting into the bathroom.

How nice, Mirae rolled her eyes as she shut her room door. She quickly changed into her underwear and the baby yellow shirt with 'don't worry' written in white and a pair of black leggings. She sat on the bed to put on her socks and black sneakers before grabbing her brush to comb her hair into her usual ponytail.