ten

In which there's doctors and diners.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

During the last class, which had been Chemistry, Mirae almost fell asleep three times. And during all those three times Felix had tapped her arm, asking for the meaning of a word before realizing she was dozing off.

"Mirae," he chuckled as she brushed her sleepy eyes, "hang on, the class is about to finish."

"Dude, I can't," she dropped her head on top of the notebook. "I'm so tired."

"For what? You didn't even play the whole kickball time."

She hesitated before shrugging, "I don't know. I'm tired from school."

"Everybody is," he smiled and poked her cheek with the eraser of his pen before returning to his exercises. "At least pretend to be doing something, the teacher's looking this way."

With a sigh, she sat up straight and grabbed her pencil, drawing small circles around the paper since she had already finished the exercises that the teacher had put on the board.

In all due honesty, Mirae wasn't tired at all.

She could feel how her legs were shaking from the creasing worry that visiting the doctor filled her body with. She was scared of what the man could say about her hand, she feared that she wouldn't be able to go to the field trip, since it was one of the things upperclassmen claimed to be one of the best things of junior year.

She had heard Soobin rambling over and over about all the good things she had done when she had went to the trip along Woojin and Chan, who at the time were on her same class, claiming that had been the place where she and Woojin had shared their first kiss.

"You know what the funniest thing was?" Soobin had asked after Mirae had screeched from the cuteness. "Chan was there! He didn't realize we were there, kissing right next to him while he ate the marshmallows he heated in the campfire."

She had heard over thousand times all the cool things she had done while being on the trip, and Mirae couldn't wait to experience them with Soyeon and Nora, especially the campfire and the horror stories they shared right before going to bed under the stars. It was basically her dream for junior year, and she feared that the doctor wouldn't let her because of her stupid hand.

Finally, when she was about to doze off once again, the teacher stood up and dismissed the class. She lazily tucked everything in her bag and zipped it, standing up and hanging it over her shoulder, then leaning down to grab the gym bag. She waved Felix goodbye and went to Nora's desk since Soyeon was having a discussion with Bora, the girl in front of her seat.

"Oh, hey!" Nora smiled at her, putting her school bag on her back. "You look tired."

"I was trying to not sleep during the whole class."

Nora chuckled and nodded, "Same here. What kept me awake was the fact that I suck at Chemistry and we're having an exam next week. I had to ask everything I could before I forget it over the weekend."

Mirae chuckled and felt a pair of thin arms wrapping around her shoulders. She found Soyeon smiling at her in the most creeping way she'd ever seen on her friends face. "Is something wrong with you? Why're you smiling like that? It's creepy."

"Nothing, nothing," she giggled in an uneasy way and dropped her arm. "Just that I didn't see you again after gym class."

"I went to the nursery," she mumbled and started walking out of the classroom. "You know, as the coach told me to."