Chapter 2

--------------Noon next day---------------

I had just said good by to my friends and we had the last of the food. After we ate, we loaded all my stuff in the car and took me down to the train station. I got my ticket and walked over to the platform alone. It had rained earlier that day so they ground was wet. I looked at my feet as my bright green converse splashed in the puddles. I got there early and boarded the train. I put all my stuff by my feet and then got ready to sleep. I didn't want to watch this trip.

I woke up before I had to get off. I gathered my stuff and got onto the platform. I had never been this far into Sydney before and had never seen so any people bustling around before. After I left the platform, I saw what looked like a limo driver holding a sign that said "Virginia 14 years." I walked up to him.

"I'm Virginia," I said to him with a light smile.

"Where are you going?" he asked to be sure I wasn't lying.

"I was told I was going to Calum my new foster father," I said with a smile. He smiled back at me and I suddenly liked him.

"Well then Miss....."

"Virginia. Just call me Virginia."

"Well Virginia follow me," he said walking out of the building. I was right. He was a limo driver. He opened he door of the limo for me.

"Thank you," I said climbing in dragging my bags behind me.

"I could take those for you and put them in the back," he offered.

"Thank you," I said gratefully handing him my bags. After he got in the car I found out his name was Joe.

"So Joe. How much longer do you think it will take to get to Calum's house?" I asked him from the back.

"About 7 minutes," he answered.

"So what should I call him?"

"Calum. He told me to tell you to call him that."

"Ok."

"Nick will be at the house waiting for you. Calum's friends will also be there. They always are so get used to it. They may also seem like foster parents or brothers but they aren't. They just hang around all day. You will also call them by there first names. Calum wanted you to be fully briefed on this. And here we are," Joe said pulling into a drive. I looked out the window and it looked like a normal house. I realized I forgot to ask the names of Calum's friends and how many there were. There was no point in asking now. I was about to meet them anyway.

I looked up at the house and I could swear that I saw Ashton Irwin flash in the window. But whoever it was disappeared as fast as they had appeared. Joe and I went to the back to get my bags. He handed them to me and I thanked him once again. Nick greeted me at the front door. I went to open the door but he told me not to. As soon as I brushed the handle I felt a feeling deep in my stomach. I knew it was the gut feeling. Nick told me some stuff I didn't want to hear and he lead me inside.

"Nick. I just got the gut feeling," I told him looking around the seemingly empty house.

"Don't be ridiculous there is no such thing as the gut feeling," he said glaring at me. I glared at him right back. He took a step forward and 4 guys jumped up from behind the couch making twitch a little but making Nick squeal (and I mean squeal) and jump a mile in the air. I kind of smiled at the sight of this. Then I turned my attention back to the guys who jumped from behind the couch. I guess when I thought I was going crazy and saw Ashton Irwin in the window, I was fine. The members of 5 Seconds of Summer were the guys who jumped out from behind the couch.

----------------------------

It took me a little bit to come to my senses and by the time I finally did Calum walked up to me. "I'm Calum. That is Luke, Michael, and Ashton. Ashton was the stalker in the window."

"I'm Virginia," I said awkwardly. I'm pretty sure they already knew that. We spent a little time getting to know each other.

By the time the conversation ended, I had noticed that Nick and Joe had left.

"What do you want for dinner Virginia?" Michael asked.

"What do you have?" I asked from the bar sort of thing in the kitchen.

"Food," he simply stated.

"Oh meh god," I said dragging myself off the stool. "Men are so STUPID!" I yelled in a weird voice. "They are burdening me from my long trip by not even knowing what lies in the depth of their kitchen!" I exclaimed over dramatically. Everyone was just looking at me with an amused look.

I searched through the cupboard and found mostly snacks. I looked through the whole kitchen and it was pretty much just snacks. I did find some pasta at the bottom and made sure to check the expiration date because I had a feeling that it had been there a while. I made a nice dinner and they were watching me do my thing. I was singing random parts of random songs I knew.

"So your fan?" Luke asked breaking the silence after I had sang parts of 3 different songs by them in row. I turned around.

"No. Your music is the worst. Any time I hear it I cringe." I think that was when they picked up on the sarcasm that was always stocked within me.

Over dinner I told them some stuff about me and everything. Then they told me that they wanted to do something fun tomorrow so I went up to bed to get a goodnight sleep. I was in the middle of my thoughts when fatigue suddenly washed over me and I fell asleep.