Chapter 7

{Ashton's POV}

It is Virginia's birthday today and we have to make it super special. We decided to throw her a surprise birthday party. We asked Mrs. Bramm to give her a detention so we could set everything up. Seneca and Marza were Virginia's best friends. We invited them and her other friend Anne so it was just gonna be a small little party.

We picked up Seneca and Marza from each of their schools. Marza got a scholarship to a fancy school, so she went tthere. Then, we stopped at the store to pick up presents and decorations. After, we went home to set up.

{Virginia's POV}

I was so mad. Mrs. Bramm gave me a detention for no reason. I sat there for and hour doing nothing. When I thought I was going to rip my face off if I had to sit there for another second, Mrs. Bramm spoke.

"Detention is over. The office would like me to inform you that your father is unable to pick you up and you will have to find your own method of transportation home," she said getting up and leaving the classroom.

I threw my hands up in frustration. I had detention and now no one is coming to pick me up. Luckily, I had always brought my skateboard. I went to my locker to grab it and skated to Seneca's house. When she wasn't there, I went to Anne's house. When she wasn't there, I got really frustrated and went to the park. I was there for about an hour thinking about everything. Then I got a text from Calum.

Cal- Where r u?????????

Me- coming home

Cal- the power went out I think someone hit a power line

Me- sucks see u in a few

I jumped off the park bench and on to my board. I started skating. The park wasn't that far away from home so it only took me a few minutes. When I got there I saw all the lights were out so I guess the power wasn't working. I knew that this is the time Michael would be taking his nap so I went in through the window in the kitchen. Then I walked really quietly to my room. If I woke him up, he would be really mad. I flopped down on my bed and starting texting my friends. Then after a while I heard Calum's voice and a light turn on. I guess the power is working. I heard him say something that confused me.

"I guess she isn't coming guys. Just come on out. Sorry Seneca, Marza, and Anne. You should probably go home. Sorry." His voice sounded really sad.

"What do we do with all this stuff?" I heard Michael ask.

"Save it for someone else I guess," Ash said also sounding sad.

"Well lets pack it up." Luke said sighing. I crept down the stairs.

"Cal?" I asked.

"Virginia!" Calum exclaimed sounding really shocked.

"SURPRISE!" everyone yelled. Luke threw a decoration in the air that he had taken down.

"Wow," I said giggling at him.

"How did you get in here?" Calum asked really confused.

"I walked thought the front door," I remarked in a duh voice.

"How did we not hear you?" Calum asked out loud.

"I was quiet because I thought Michael would be asleep."

"She learns fast," Michael mentioned to no one in particular.

"Can we just do that again with you walking through the front door not knowing what's going on, all of us hiding with the lights off, and all the decorations up." Ash said glaring at Levi when he said the last one. Levi just smiled and put he the decoration back up.