The Salvation In Him

It's been two days since I saw him last. Not that I cared. I was merely curious why out of a sudden he would choose to leave me alone. Counting down the days we didn't have much time until his two weeks were up. Soon I would be snatched from this weird schedule and thrown at the wolves one more time. I didn't know what to expect anymore. I had gotten used to this room, and the Monte's company.

Well, if this could be called company of course.

Seemed like Lucifer felt exceptionally grateful that although I shot him in the arm, I had patched him back up. So he showed his gratitude with food.

Literally.

Monte had been bringing extra snacks, candies, better meals. He even brought ice cream the other night. I would've preferred he let me go, but given the situation, food was perfectly fine with me. I found it amusing. It was nighttime, and I had been staring at the drawing on the wall for half hour now, my mind going towards places I didn't want it to.

Lucifer's words were still in my head.

What did he mean when he said one day I'd thank him for kidnapping me?

I had that stuck in my head and all I wanted was to talk to him. He seemed to know more about me than myself, but I had never seen him in my life or associated myself with people like him. Yes, maybe we were poor, and maybe people like him came from where I come from, but that didn't mean I'd resource to drug selling and gang affiliation to live. I'd get the money I needed with hard and honest work.

I came to the conclusion that whoever made the drawing on the wall had been here for a long time.

The details in the drawing were exceptional, you could even see the details of some leaves as the branches braided with each other and expanded to two more walls. But it did have an obscure side to it. It was like one of those scary trees you see in cartoon movies. Kinda reminded me of the first time I watched Disney's Snow White, the scene where Snow White is running in the woods, away from the Hunter.

Creepiest movie ever...

Just thinking about it gave me the creeps.

With that thought I fell asleep.

My dreams had been scarce lately, I was always floating in a dark world and sometimes I would go to sleep and feel like I never slept. Kinda like blinking and that was it. I knew it had to do with the fact I was being captive against my will and I was sleeping in someone else's room.

But tonight, I was woken up by shouting. I jumped in bed just to realize it wasn't inside the room, but outside, maybe the living room. I had to gulp air to calm my erratic heart before I tried to get out of bed without my legs going weak. I tiptoed to the door and pressed my ear to it, trying to hear.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" It was Lucifer, and he sounded pissed.

I moved and pressed my ear to the space in between the door frame and the actual door. Trick for espionage and sneaking around.

"The Boss wanted me to check in. You know how it works" a male voice responded.

"You shouldn't have come. It's late and visiting hours are over, Nico" That was Monte

"You're establishing visiting hours for The Boss? You must have a death wish" the guy, Nico, said with a small chuckle.

"We're on lock down, you know-it-all prick" Lucifer said and I hear a loud crash.

"Stand back, Nico!" Monte shouted, and I heard a loud 'Fuck off!" coming from Lucifer. Well shit!

What the hell was happening out there?