Nerves

"I take it back. I don't want her doing this" Lucifer was mumbling from the kitchenette, sipping a warm cup of black coffee. I raised an eyebrow, realizing this is the first time I've seen him do something normal like sipping coffee at nine o'clock in the morning. Monte gave a groan and sat back

"Man, we already discussed this. If she doesn't go, we have no way of getting in. She's right about this, and you know it" Monte said, his eyes on Lucifer. But Lucifer was staring at me, his eyes bore into mine. He was making me nervous

"That means bringing her to the center of danger, Monte. We have to go in and out and be done with this"

"How do you propose we sneak in, Lucifer? She will have to let us in through the back door or there's no way we will get pas those security guards, man" Monte was trying to reason with him, and although I knew I should be doing the same, I knew why Lucifer was hesitating. I'd be too if it meant sending him to the wolves' den. But I also knew what needed to be done. For all of this to be over, we needed to kill The Boss and hope to God it didn't come back to bite us in the ass. After all, if Lucifer were to kill The Boss, he'd be the next in line to take over, figuratively speaking. Nobody would want to defy him after killing the father of the mafia.

"We can find our way in. Or break hell lose, start shooting everybody" he said, putting his mug down.

"And how smart would that be? The feds would be on our asses within minutes and you know it" Monte responded. When Lucifer didn't argue back, Monte looked at me for help and I sighed.

"He's right"

Lucifer looked at me again

"You have to bring me. There's no way around this unless you plan to come in announcing your arrival" I mumbled, my eyes on his. He didn't drop his gaze. I didn't either

"You don't understand the kind of shit hole you're about to get in" he said after a moment of silence.

"Yeah well, I've been in a shit hole my whole life. So what's a little bit more to add to the pile, right?" I tried to joke but Lucifer was not having it. He looked away, not a single crack of smile on his face.

"Okay so the party is tomorrow night, what do we need?" I asked, trying to get us to move on from this.

"We need to get you lingerie" Monte said, pulling out a phone.

"What?"

"Not so eager now, are we?" Lucifer said, and I gave him a dirty look.

"The girls usually wear their own style, but it will definitely be provocative enough to make you feel uncomfortable. If you're not a...well" Monte cleared his throat "a prostitute" he mumbled, and I looked down. Just to think that girls would be in such a bad place in their lives where they had to resource selling their bodies to survive. But then again, at the time of desperation I did what I had to, to ensure my dad would be buried and that id' have enough money to get us going for a bit while we adjusted to me being the head of the household. I guess in a way I understood what is being desperate enough to resource to that.

"I guess we should get black. I think I look best in that" I mumbled, and Lucifer definitely did not think it was funny. His head tilted, his eyes murderous

"Oh get over it" I snapped at him and walked to the room, very ready to just take a hot bath and forget about my problem for a bit. The door never slammed shut and Lucifer marched right behind me, then shoved the door closed

"Seriously, Emma? You wanna play this game now? I'm trying to fucking help you, keep you safe but you just seem to love being in the middle of shit" he said, a deep frown on his face.