Rumor Red

"Say hello, Melody" The Boss said.

Nobody moved.

Nobody breathed

My eyes were settled on the person that carried my face. It was so freaky seeing myself standing a couple of feet away, shoulder length straight hair and bright blue eyes. My heart was hammering against my ribcage, not understanding what was happening.

Mel had been alive this whole time?

Why would Lucifer lie to me?

Wait...

Lucifer

I turned my head and my eyes settled on him. He was frozen in place, everything else forgotten, his mouth slightly opened as he tried to process what was in front of him. He didn't know...

His lover, the person he thought was dead, was standing in front of him. I felt a lump in my throat as something tugged at my heart and I tried to bury it.

"Mel" Lucifer's whisper came out broken and I felt for him

She was my twin sister, I should feel something...but I didn't know Mel. She was nothing to me. She was just a person that carried my face and had suddenly come back from the dead. Lucifer, however...

Mel wasn't looking at him though. She had her bright blue eyes on me.

"It's safe to say I have waited my whole life to finally meet you" her low voice broke the silence, her eyes studying me like a hawk.
Something was wrong though. She was here with The Boss, and she was dismissing the fact that Lucifer was standing in front of her, ready to snatch her, and her eyes...they were filled with a spark, the kind that gave you the mischievous vibe.

"Melody, was is the meaning of this?" Lucifer stepped forward and the three guards jump into action, blocking him from getting close to Mel. That's when her eyes set on his. Cold eyes.

I saw him stand straight, and his jaw was trying to work something out but nothing else came out. I had to do something before everything blew up in our faces

"We're going. Now. We played your stupid game, and I don't know what you think you're doing, but this doesn't change anything" I found myself telling The Boss.

Mel chuckled

"I thought you said she was the...dull one" Mel said, smiling at The Boss. I frowned.

"Oh she's dull alright. But when it comes to Lucas here...she's ballsy" The Boss said, picking up his gun lazily and taking the last swig of his drink. These two were acting like they hadn't just dropped a bomb here. My sister was alive, and apparently, she was working with The Boss. Why?

Who was this man? Why did he want me so fucking bad, and why was my twin sister working with him?

So many fucking questions without answers, but I knew we needed to leave, and now.

"Did you fake your death, so you could work with him?" Lucifer asked, and I bit my lip.

C'mon Lucas, this is not the time to be asking questions when we have guns on us!

Mel's silence was the answer. Of course, she had. The question is...why? I'm sure she had a reason, maybe not a good one, but a reason nonetheless.

"Listen, today is not the day to be answering questions. I brought her simply to prove a point. I'm always one step ahead of you, Lucas. I'm letting you go, for now, but don't think for one second that this is how it's gonna end" The Boss said, pointing a finger at Lucifer.

"I'm going to fucking end you" Lucifer advanced toward The Boss and the men raised their guns, making him stall.

"Let's go" I said and I felt a hand on my arm. Monte. He was still standing next to me, his eyes scanning the room. I had almost forgotten he was here, but he seemed to be handling this way better than any of us.