3: twenty three days before

CHAPTER THREE- July 9, 2002

songs for this chapter:

give me love by ed sheeran &
how to save a life by the fray

 _____

  Eleanor walked at a quick pace to the meeting room. With three frappuccinos and one breakfast bar, she hurried down to make sure her bosses and their clients get the orders they desired. The clicks of her heels as they tapped the wooden floor gave her a relief, each step she took brought her to a greater effect.

  After various calls, more coffee runs and a lot of filing, she was able to return home. She was always anxious to see what would be revealed after she unlocked and opened the front door. Broken glass everywhere? Beer bottles? Sexual affairs? She never knew and she always expected the worst. So when she opened the door to find Ashton cooking food and wearing her apron, she smiled and shook her head at her stupid assumptions and remembered who she was really dating. 

  She walked towards him, settling her purse on the counter top and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Hi", she said, her head resting on the small of his back. 

"Hey, how was work?" his voice was raspy as if he just woke up. At 5 in the afternoon. 

"Very busy. You know what I don't get? How I get paid to run around getting coffee. Coffee! What has the world come to?" 

 He chuckled at her and turned off the fire on the stove. He turned around to face her, her face now red from frustration. "You know, at least you're getting paid. Even if it means just getting coffee." 

"I want to do more than just get coffee." 

"Do I have to remind you again?", she stood there and he sighed. "Okay, I guess I do. Well, you're going to be going back to college soon, in three days actually. And when you do, you won't have to get coffee anymore. Three more days, okay? Three." He cupped her face with his hands and saw her shoulders relax. "C'mon, you have food to eat. I've been cooking since four!" 

_

 She laid in bed awake for twenty seven minutes tonight, knowing that Ashton was going to have a panic attack from his nightmares soon and need assistance calming down his blood pressure and heart rate. Suddenly, he shot up, panting. His silhouette was barely enough to see but his heavy breathing and reassuring whispers to himself were the only thing to fill the room. She sat up and rubbed his back, "I'm gonna' go get some water, okay? I'll even get the laptop so we can watch Netflix until you're ready to go back to sleep. You'll be alright and I'll be right back." She stood up from her spot on the bed and right when she was about to twist the doorknob, he spoke up. 

  "I thought I lost you." 

"You never will, Ashton. I promise." 

____________________

a/n: Eleanor+Ashton= Elon? Ashner? Oh my god no. Im laughing at myself those were lame. So was this chapter woops. 

dedicated to Pat cs bestfriend and hes literally queen and i love him loads