4: one month and six days before

CHAPTER FOUR- June 24, 2002

songs for this chapter- 

amnesia by five seconds of summer &
dont forget by demi lovato

_______

          He was sitting on a park bench, tugging his cotton sweater closer to him, trying to avoid the cold. His shoes scruffed the gravel as he impatiently waited for the sunrise. The past couple of weeks consisted of him just sitting there, waiting for the sun to rise and set. How the hues of colors vibrated across everything it touched. How you don't even have to look up to know that the sun was creating a portrait of mass appreciation. 

        She watched him from the other side of the park. Her hood up and tremendous sighs coming from her whenever he tugged on his sweater. She wish she could just go up to him and cry for him to come home, but she couldn't do that, because he didn't even know what home was, or who she was. She wish he was healthy. She wish he didn't forget about her all the time. She wish he knew. 

        With two coffees in her hand, one being his favorite, she politely sat down next to him. "Hey, you look a little cold, you want one? My date sort of left me hanging." 

        "That's a shame. Thank you." 

        "So, what are you doing here so early?" 

        "The sunrise is the only thing making me move on with life. You see, I have-"

        "You don't have to tell me, Ashton. I already know, we met thirty-eight times." She rose from her seat and walked away. She only wished for him to get better. She just wanted him happy. She wanted him to remember.