6: one year before

• Dedicated to Ashton Irwin AKA my sunshine

CHAPTER SIX- July 31st, 2001

a/n: so ashton has a memory disorder or in other terms, forgets pretty much everything on spans. he has something called ambush amnesia which means it wasn't passed down by traits or trauma. his own can be predicted though since he loses his memory at charted times, or pattern-like. so yeah just to clear that up. but I'm happy you guys all know now i feel v better. 

songs for this chapter- 

try hard by 5 seconds of summer (it was going to happen soon okay) &
islands by the xx 

when El and Ash met

_______________

  The sun rose that morning delightfully and the birds chirped brightly and Ashton just couldn't get out of his comfortable bed. The warmth was soothing and every empty space was filled by his presence. He turned around on his back and stared out the window. The buildings outlined the horizon and the chaos of New York had already begun, with or without him.

  He rose out of bed and pulled a nearby t-shirt over his torso. Hair a mess and shoes untied, he walked out of the house and joined the crowds. It was times like this where he actually felt apart of something. He didn't stand out, he actually fit in. But it's one of those fit ins where you fit in because no one really cares if you do or don't, they all have other things to worry about. It's New York.

 And I guess Eleanor was too busy paying attention to her current phone call then the boy who was distracted by the buildings. She ended up sprawled out on top of him, complete fright written all over her tired face. She hurried onto her feet. He denied her offer of her helping him up. "I'm fine," he said calmly. They were both under a lot of stress and this was just another crack.

 "I'm really sorry, my god. Can I make it up to you?" He was automatically going to deny this other offer since well, he just wanted to get the hell out of there and hide under his bed sheets. 

 "How do I know you're not some murderer?'' 

 "Well, how about you follow me to go get some coffee for work and you'll see for yourself." 

"I don't know how to feel about this."

 "It's honestly up to you but make it quick, I have to get four coffees by twelve thirty." 

-

"So, we've been walking for about three minutes now and you still haven't told me your name."

"It's Eleanor."

"Sounds British."

"I think it is. I don't know. My mom named me after my great, great, great, great grandmother." She counted the amounted of 'great's' on her fingers, which Ashton found painfully cute.

"I like when you talk about yourself. Keep going."

"Oh well, there's nothing really spectacular about me. I'm just a regular twenty-two year old, living in New York. I work as a assistant. You know, basically running around getting coffee and taking orders. But when I was little, I've always wanted to be something more but don't we all? I guess the world just needs coffee girls."

 "You don't have to be famous to be unforgettable."

 "Yeah, Ashton Irwin. I know."

 "Where do you work anyways?" 

 "Just some publishing place." 

 "Typical."