Chapter 9

[Reader's POV]

"Bye Jimin! Bye Yoongi!" I yell while waving at the two boys. They both smile and wave back as Taehyung and I leave.

Taehyung had been extremely quiet on the ride home making me suspicious. Usually he's talking up a strom about whats going on in the ghost world but at the moment, he was quiet.

Currently I'm sitting in my room working on my essay while Taehyung laid on my bed, messing around with a pencil.

I hated the silence. Sure it was good every once in a while when working but it isn't the same when Taehyung isn't talking.

We also haven't talked about the kiss that happened between the two of us while at Jimin's a few night's ago.

Sighing, I pushing my seat out to face Taehyung. "Are you going to tell me whats wrong or are you going to pout like a little baby?" I ask.

Taehyung looks up from his hands for a brief moment before getting back to the pencil in hands.

And then there was even more silence. Great.

I grab my bag from next to me and walk out of my room, leaving the apartment.

If he wasn't going to talk to me whats the point of being there? I walk a few blocks down the road where an older friend lived.

|

"Y/n? What are you doing here? You didn't call, Is everything alright? Oh my god are you-"

"Its great to see you too Namjoon," I say. Namjoon sheepishly smiles and lets me into his home. "How are you?" I ask.

Namjoon shrugs his shoulders and sits down on the small arm chair. "I've been okay. Not to sound rude but why are you here all of a sudden?" He asks.

"I told you about Taehyung right?" I ask and Namjoon nods his head. "He isn't talking to me and I don't know why."

"Maybe he's on his man period." Someone says from the stairs. I look over to see a man a few years older than me.

Namjoon smacks his hand on his forehead and sighs. "Jin what did I say about coming downstairs when guests are over?" He asks.

Jin jumps down from the last step and walks over to me. "Hello Y/n." He says.

I wave and look over at Namjoon for confirmation. "Is he?" Namjoon nods. I purse my lips and look back over at Jin.

"He's being stubborn again isn't he?" Jin asks.

"Well I wouldn't consider it stubborn-"

"Y/n he hasn't been talking to you for two days, I think thats being stubborn." Jin interrupts.

I sigh knowing he was right. "But just a few days ago he was fine now he's just...quiet." I say.

Namjoon puts his hand around my shoulder and brings me into his side for a hug. "It'll be okay, he'll start to talk to you again."

I lean my head down onto his shoulder and nod. Namjoon's been my friend for over ten years now, so it was always good to hear what he had to say.

"Y/n do you have feelings for Taehyung?" Jin asks out of no where and I just shrug.

"I don't know Jin, I mean he kissed me and I guess I-"

"Wait he kissed you?! Please tell me you're joking." Jin began to panic.

"No we kissed, why whats wrong?" I ask.

Jin paces back and forth in front of me while rubbing his temple. "This isn't good, this isn't good. Taehyung you fucked up!" He yells.

"Jin!" Namjoon yells. Jin walks over to me and points.

"Please tell me you didn't kiss back," He whispers to me. I open my mouth to say something but close it and nod instead. Jin grabs his hair in frustration. "Y/n do you have any idea what is going on?!" He yells.

"No! I don't! Stop yelling you're giving me anxiety!" I yell back. Namjoon grabs my shoulders and pulls me into his chest.

"Calm down Jin, she doesn't know anything thats going on." Namjoon tells Jin. He takes a few deep breaths and finally calms down before talking.

My body shook in Namjoon's arms. Namjoon rubbed my arms up and now to soothe my nerves.

"Look Y/n I didn't mean to yell but what Taehyung did, and what you responded with, is not good," Jin explains. "He has feelings for you Y/n and they're very strong feelings obviously since he kissed you." Jin says.

Namjoon turns me around and sits me down. "Since they're strong feelings, the chance of Taehyung telling you is very slim," Namjoon says. I raise my brow in confusion.

"Tell me what?" I ask. Namjoon's eyes widen.

"Oh shit," Namjoon whispers. "He hasn't...?" I shake my head. "Look Y/n I can't tell you, It has to be Taehyung I'm sorry." Namjoon apologises.

Tears started to stream down my face. What wasn't he telling me?

"But when he does tell you, something will happen to him and you won't ever see him...again." Jin finishes Namjoon's words from earlier.

I couldn't speak. My throat felt like someone was choking me while my eyes were bloodshot.

It had been hours since my conversation with Namjoon and Jin, Taehyung is probably wondering where I am.

But I didn't want to go home, what if he tells me? What if I never see him again? I don't want that...

"Y/n?" Namjoon calls from the kitchen. I look up from lap, I've been sitting in the same spot for hours, making my legs and butt numb from sitting too long. "Want me to take you home? I can?" He offers and I nod my head.

I stand from my spot and grab my bag that was placed on the floor when I walked in. Jin walks in and waves goodbye to me before Namjoon walked over and let me out.

We both buckle our seatbelts and sit silence before I decided to break it. "What's going to happen when I go home?" I ask.

Namjoon placed his hand over mine and rubbed it. "Everything will be okay. If it isn't you can just call me or Jimin and we'll be over." He says. I nod my head and let one last tear fall.

The ride home was quick and quiet. "Thank you Namjoon, I'll call if anything happens." I say. Namjoon nods his head and waves goodbye to me before driving off.

I bring my keys out of my pocket and unlock the door to the apartment. When I walked in the lights were out and Taehyung was no where to be seen.

"Tae?" I call. My throat was hoarse making it throb in pain. I flick the lights on in the living room only to reveal a sleeping Taehyung on the couch.

I dropped my bag on the floor and left my shoes by the doorstep. "Goodnight Tae." I whisper.

I walk into my room and shut the door, falling asleep minutes after my body hit the mattress.