Chapter 16

[Reader's POV]

The door to my apartment creaks as I open it. A gust of cold air hits me before becoming warm making me sigh.

I bring my bag up into my room and throw it onto the bed, deciding to do laundry later. A loud bang and a quick sorry that came from the wall makes me jump.

"What the hell?" I whisper. I walk out of my apartment to see the one next to mine had its door open. "Hello?" I yell.

Sooner or later a guy around my age runs out of the hallway. Holy shi-

"Do you live next door?" He asks. I slowly nod my head. He scratches his neck and looks down at the floor. "Sorry about the bang, I was hanging something up and it-"

"Don't apologize, you're hot- I mean fine. Oh my god I am so sorry." I rub the sides of my head as the unknown man laughs. Even his laugh is cute; what the hell is happening? "Why don't I help you finish unloading? It'll get things done quicker." I offer.

"I would love that." He says. I smile and shut his front door. "You can take those boxes to my room, its down the hallway." He points to my right and I follow his finger down the hallway.

His apartment was just like mine, only the things that were on the right in his apartment it was on the left in his.

I set the box down on his bed and begin to walk out but spot a family picture. I grabbed the frame and looked at it closely, it was him and an older man that was possibly his dad.

"That's my dad and I. My mom walked out of the picture after I was born." I jump in fright and quickly set the frame down.

"I'm sorry- I didn't mean-"

He just laughs and holds his hand up to stop me from talking. "Don't apologize for it sitting right there for people to view, you're perfectly fine."

I sigh in relief. He sets down another box and sits down on his bed, patting the spot next to him.

"I don't usually tell people I just met these things but I feel like I'm able to trust you," He starts. I cross my legs and wait for him to go on. "It's always been just my dad and I. When my mom walked out my dad struggled with money and housing, I did homeschooling and moved everytime my dad got a new job which was often. That family picture up there," He points. "Is the only thing that kept my dad going, I was seventeen in that photo."

"I don't know why you told me that but I'm glad you did." I admit making him chuckle. "My dad walked out on my mom and I, but you seem to have a happier ending then I did."

He looks at me sympathetically before speaking. "Do you miss your dad? Or mom?" He asks and I shake my head.

"My dad left before I met him and I hate my mom too much to miss her."

He nods his head and slaps his knees, standing up. "Let's get back to unpacking."

I stand with him and nod. I'm helping an almost hot stranger unpack his apartment and I don't even know his name.

|

"You live in that apartment alone?" He asks and I nod head. "I was sure a pretty girl like you lived with a boyfriend or something." He smirks. I roll my eyes and smile.

"You're such a player, I'd be careful you might let off too much and drive me away." I say making him laugh.

We both had finished unpacking his things and we were both sitting on his couch, laughing and talking.

"I never got your name," He says.

"It's Y/n, you?" I ask.

"Hyungook, Oh Hyungook." He says. I fix my position on the couch and smile towards him. I don't think I've smiled this much since I was with...Taehyung.

My smile fades and I look down at my lap. Hyungook looks over at me and taps my knee. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I just remembered an old friend." I say. He sets his drink down on the coffee table to set his hand on my knee.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks but I shake my head.

"No, it'll be okay. I'll be okay." I admit. When I said that I felt calm, it felt as though everything that had been going on left my body and I had forgotten everything up to this point.

I knew everything was going to be okay as long as I made sure I was happy.

And that's exactly how I feel.