Chapter Twenty-Four: Prom

Peter's POV

Please tell me May didn't just say what I think she said and that we are not about to have this conversation.

"Ex..." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Excuse me?"

May leaned forward onto Hiram's desk, folding her hands on top of a book. That's when I noticed several different books about human biology and reproductive systems.

"Peter, I understand this may be awkward but I feel it is my duty as your aunt to give you the tools and information you need to engage in a healthy sexual relationship."

I looked away, my eyes wandering around the room, anywhere but my aunt's face. "They cover all that kind of...stuff in health class so no worries you're good..." I said in a high-pitched voice I couldn't avoid.

"True but I was hoping we could talk and if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you." While she was sincere, the few times I glanced at her face I saw the smirk. Sadistic I tell you.

"However, I have a question to ask first." She paused and only continued when I looked her in the eye. "Have you been engaging in an...intimate relationship with Betty?" She said the last part hesitantly.

I blushed and mumbled. "Yes.."

"What?"

"I said yes...we have...you know..." I trailed off, shifting uncomfortably in my seat.

"Okay then. Now I know you're sure of the mechanics of engaging in such an act so I want to go through the precautions you should take."

Kill me now.

She started going on and on about STDs, condoms, birth control, and so forth. I just wanted to sink into a hole and stay there. I'll admit I listened to some of it but most of the time I just wanted to leave. I'm not doubtful of my aunt's love for me but she was probably enjoying this torture more than she should. After about ten minutes she ended it.

"Do you have any questions?"

"Nah, you know what? I think I'm good." I forced a smile.

"You sure? I know this can be embarrassing but it's important you know these things."

"I'm sure, thanks, May." I stood up and she followed, holding out a book.

"Here, take this and browse through it."

I briefly saw part of the title, something about breaking the taboo. I took it quickly and stuffed it into my sweater. "Sure. Good talk!" I walked quickly towards the door, my hand landing on the doorknob when I heard her voice.

"Peter."

I muted a groan and turned back towards her. "May, can I please just go? When does it end?" I said perhaps a bit too dramatically.

She laughed and reached into her desk. "I just want to give you this." She tossed a box at me and I reflexively caught it. When I looked at it and saw it was a box of condoms I felt my face heat up yet again. "Just be safe."

"Umm yeah, thanks." I dashed out of the room like my ass was on fire. I hit the hall running and walked into my room, opening my bedside drawer and tossing the box in. I fell face-first onto my bed and let out the much-needed frustrated groan. I lay there for a few minutes when I heard a light whisper in the distance.

"Can I come in?"

I stretched up to see Veronica already inside my room, closing the door behind her slowly.

"Come in where? My closet? You're already inside." I blurted out with frustration and Veronica let out a small chuckle.

"Peter, don't get me started on that monstrosity of yours you know it's a very sensitive subject for me." She eyed the furniture for a second with disgust before turning back to me. She had been obsessed with changing my style so I could 'impress' Betty furthermore, bringing in different suits for our Prom night every week.