Ice Queen

Melody couldn't breathe. All sounds blocked out all she stared at the shadow that lurked in the corner. The shadow could be anyone. Yet from the feeling she got told her they were looking for her. She shivered nervously and took a mini cupcake from the pile. Deciding to ignore it she turned back to Gwen.

Every now and then she'd glanced at the window but she was concentrating more on Gwens idle chatter. Suddelny Gwen broke it off and took a quick look at the time. Eyes widened in horror Gwen quickly rushed into the kitchens. All the food was gone, most of it devoured by Gwen but Melody didn't mind.

As soon as Gwen went, the shadow came into the cafe. Melody watched in horror but as the light reveled who it was she relaxed. It was Mike. She was actually relived. She had no idea how to get to the Queen without money.

Mike came and sat at the table whilst he grinned wildly. "Hey!" He smiled in greeting.

Melody nodded hello and spoke "Glad its you. Thought it was another guard hoping to recapture me."

Mike smiled and commented, "What you did to that barrier was amazing!" He enthused. Melody frowed at him. Back at the church she had done nothing to the barrier, it had just fell down. She told him that and he gave his own small frown back. "You mean you didn't even know you were doing it?" He looked incredulous.

Melody asked him exasperated "Doing what?"

"Using magic to break the magical barrier keeping us in the cemetery." Mike explained impationtly.

Melody blurted out the first thing that came to mind, "I don't have magic."

Mike rolled his eyes and grabbed Melodys hand, pulling her along. He muttered a few words and a little magical barrier appeared. He started pushing Melody towards it. She had no idea what would happen if she touched it. She also had no intention of finding out. She struggled but kept moving towards it. Then in panic, she imagined this little barrier to be blown away into the distance by a breeze. When she reached the barrier she cringed, only to realize it was no longer there. She gasped unable to voice her question, what happened?

Mike told her, "You destroyed it, with magic."

Melody didn't say anything for a moment quietly collecting her thoughts. She knew this must be true. What else could it be? But it would take her time to get used to the fact she could use magic. She knew a lot about magic because she had grew up with it all around her, but she had never possessed it. Now that had changed. Finally Melody nodded in acceptance.

Mike sighed with relief. "Well actually I have no way of getting to the castle..." Mike started and Melody's heart sank. There was still no way to get to the queen. "...but if we cast this small spell we could get there. I takes two people though." He finished. Melody spirits rose.

"What do I do?" Melody asked.

Mike replied "All you have to do it touch my hand."

Melody did this and immediately they dissapeard in a blink and were at the most beautiful castle Melody had ever seen. It was completely made of ice that sparkled and shimmered brilliantly. The windows were a clear ice that was beautiful. Melody gasped in aware.

They made their was through the glittering tower until they came to a big, ice door. It swung open and Melody saw the Queen sitting at her throne. She walked respectfully with her head down until she was in front of the queen, once there she kneeled very low in the most respectful kind of curtsy or bow. For important people the lowest bow or cursey was expected. You don't get much more important than a queen Melody thought, waiting for the queen to tell her she could rise. However the queen seemed to have momentarily forgot that tradition and left Melody on the floor for a long time. Finally realizing what she was waiting for the queen told her to rise. 

The queen spoke in a voice full of leadership and authority, "I knew you were here and asked my knight to rescue you, which you did a very good job of on your own I notice. I continued to bring you here so I could take you to meet someone."

Melody didn't answer. She would only speak if given permission to. The queen nodded at her and Melody spoke, "Why do you bring an unimportant person like me here? Who would you like me to meet?" These two questions flew out of her mouth and Melody had to bite her lip to stop from asking more.

The queen waved her hand dismissivly. "All your questions will be answer shortly I promise. However, for now just drink this..." The queen handed her a little potion. "...And we will be taken to the one I wish you to meet." 

Melody reluctently took the potion as she was asked. A few seconds she later stood in front of a lady with a tearstained face, that looked wise beond her years. Melody recognised her as the woman who used to rule the Kingdom of Heaven, Morgana. Her eyes widened and she was unsure what to do. 

"This." The queen introduced, "Is your mother."