The Potion

Melody didn't  know how she knew. She just did. Star's in trouble. Melody left a startled dragon behind and raced down corridors and past doors. Finally She came to the garden. She saw Star in the garden backing away from a masked figure. Melody shouted at the figure, "Go home! Leave her alone!" She accidently rhymed. The figure dissapeard in a cloud of smoke, the smoke singed Melodys hair. Although the smoke might have had more to do with a immpressed dragon.

The dragon snorted, "If that was an acciedent, I would hate to be around when your mad."

Melody glared at him. She rushed over to Star who was nervously eyeing the dragon. She hugged Star, stroking her mane. Melody was about to return to her room when an breathless guard came running towards her.

"It's about the Queen!" He exclaimed, "She's been kidnaped!" The guard looked anxious. Melody's eyes widened at the news. The guard hurried away. Melody thought she knew who was behind this.

The dragon willingly led her to Lindas room. The princess had to be involved. Melody waited outside the room trying to overhear what she was saying. Melody couldn't hear even a whisper but the dragon obviously heard something. The dragon shook his head. If Linda didn't kidnap the Queen, who did? Melody had a nagging feeling that told her, its the same person that kidnaped you.

Melody rushed up to her room. Curiously a little potion sat on her bed. Melody examined it. She dipped in her finger and tasted it. Then she flashed and dissapeared. Flame blinked and looked around nervously. "Melody?, come back..." He looked around. Without a second thought he rushed down to the gardens.

Melody looked around her in confusion. Then she sighed. She just had to taste the potion, didn't she? She mentally slapped herself and looked around. It seemed like a dungon. She glanced and the door. She wonderd if she could use a spell to get her out of there. She made up a line, Let me through, she searched for words that rhyme with through. Finishing the spell she hurled it at the door. To her surprise it bounced off the door and hit the wall. The wall crumbled and reveled Celina looking startled.

Melody glanced at the door. She tried the doorhandle but it stayed firmly closed. There was a spell on this door too, so she didn't bother with a rhyme. Last time she had thrown a spell it had crumbled the wall to an ajoining cell. She spun around and hurled a spell at the back wall of the cell. A hole opened and Celina gratefully jumped through it.

Just then footsteps came stomping down the hall. Melody recognised the King of Hell as soon as he came into sight. He was acompanyed by a strange, green creature with one eye. A laser beam shot out from his eye unexpectedly. It was clearly an accident. He looked a bit sheepish as the King glared at him.

When the King saw the hole in the wall he was clearly angry. He shouted loudly, making the green creature jump as another lazer bolt shot towards me. She sidesteped and her hair became singed. She wasn't scared just annoyed. Thats twice she got her hair singed. She sighed.

The King looked at Melody with a glint in his eye. Melody suddenly felt frightend. She had no idea what was about to happen but it wasn't going to be good.

"Melody." The king started, "You, are to be my wife.