Happily Ever After

Melody stared intently at the dragon on the floor. He would live. She knew it. His body stayed still and lifeless. Please she begged silently. Her prayers seemed to be answered as his body stirred. Melody waited a torturously long second before Flame sat up.

The whole crowd cheered. Melody gasped. He really was alive and well. Flame looked around, "Where am I? What happened? Who are you?" He asked Linda impolitely. Melody nearly laughed aloud. okay, so maybe a little memory loss but still, he was alive. As was the queen.

Finally remembering the queen Melody turned around to see how she was. Linda and her mother were arguing in very loud voices. The queen scowled at her daughter. Raising her arms above her head the queen sighed in despair, "What am I going to do with you?"

Melody thought this was probably a reotorical question so didn't answer. She had plenty of idea's, none of them particularly pleasant. Then she noticed a potion in the queens hand. It was one of the potions Melody had given her to escape. Obviously she used the other one. The one she had in her had was the exploding potion. Melody's eyes widened in alarm as she saw it drop from the queens hand.

Melody was actually quite tired of potions breaking at the worst possible moments. However this disaster didn't need time travel to fix it. Melody sprinted towards the queen. She grabbed the queens hand and tugged her away just before the potion exploded. The explosion left Linda as nothing but a pile of ash on the floor.

The crowd gasped. They didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The queen did both. She cried because her daughter was dead. She laughed because it was finnaly over. No one would be trying to kill her anymore.

Melody did neither. She smiled happily. Finally her life could return to normal. The war between her homeland had stopped so she could move back in with her guardian, and her life could return to normal.

Well, almost. After everything that happened nothing would quite be the same. It would be better. She could grow up with her friends, both old and new. She could get to know the mother she thought she had lost. Then when the queens reign ended Melody would be ready to take the throne. Finally Melody had her happily ever after that most people only dreamed of.

Mike rushed through the crowd. "Some people want to see you." He grinned.

Melody looked past Mike to see Betty standing there. She stepped forwards and tightly hugged her. Standing beside Betty was Melody's three close friends. The rest of the day consisted of celebrations. There was a huge party. Everyone danced until their feet hurt and ate so much they thought they were going to burst. That night when she went to sleep she had a grin stretched across her face, and why wouldn't she? For once her life was perfect.

The End

.......~.......