Healing

Melody contemplated the fact before moving into a more comfortable position. This was going to take a while. "Whats the agreement?"

"The rulers of the kingdoms of Hell and Heaven decided mages were a threat. They wanted to make us extinct so the threat was no longer there. However the Kingdom of Heaven decided this was unfair so the agreement was life without magic or death with magic."

"The king of hell is dead." Melody told him, her voice emotionless.

 The mage looked surprised. "How? He's almost immortal!"

Melody had a blank look on her face. "Almost immortal. I killed him.

He mumbled quiet words that Melody couldn't hear. He looked ay her in awe. "The kingdom of heaven would kill me if I broke the promise."

Melody smiled. "Linda is ruling. She knows nothing of the agreement. Her staying queen would guarantee your survival. If the queen escapes from the dungeons I shall be voted heir. I will have enough power to stop you from being killed."

The mage nodded. "I guess that's okay then! I'll need to see the patient." Melody took a small potion bottle out of her pocket dropping it on the floor it smashed. "You better clean that up!" Demanded the mage. The Betty appeared and the potion dissolved." Betty lay on the floor her eyes shut. Her skin was pale and sickly. The mage opened an old dusty cabinet. He blew away some dust and sneezed. He ran his finger across the potion labels. He selected four, one yellow, two blue and a purple, he returned to Betty.

First he selected a blue and purple mixing them together in a little bowl. He tipped it down her throat. Next he took the remaining blue one and spread it over her skin. Finally he took the yellow one and told Melody, "I'll need a drop of your blood."

Melody grimmanced. This was going to be painful. She picked a needle up and stabbed at her shoulder wound. A small trickle snaked down her arm. Taking an empty vile she held it under the blood and it slowly tricked into the container. She collected about six drops before handing it to the mage. He smiled and mixed it with the yellow potion. It turned a sunset shade of orange.

He dribbled it in her mouth and across her forehead. She started to stir. Melody took out a potion of her own at that point. She smashed it on the ground and after a few seconds Betty disappeared into that which she was from.

Melody thanked the mage but he would not accept her thanks. "No! I must thank you because you helped us be free of the agreement. Take this blue potion as thanks." he handed it to her. "It repairs damage to the body. The more serious the injury, the more you use." 

Melody was about to decline his offer but reconsidered. She would probably need it. She nodded and with that recited a little rhyme that sent her flying back to the garden. When she got back she realized it was dark. Wondering at the time she rushed to the trapdoor. She pulled it open and fled through the dark pathway.

Once in the library she slipped into the shadows. Like a cat in the night she escaped the librarians searching gaze. She sprinted down stairs and corridors until she reached the dungeon.