Linda

Melody's lips twitched into what was the barest hint of a smile. She wanted to promise him everything would be okay. She wouldn't die, she was fine, but she didn't intend on making promises she couldn't keep. She breathed in deeply. She was past pain, everything seemed numb. She closed her eyes and the world faded black for a second time.

Flame stood over her sadly. He hadn't known her for very long but she was nicer to him than Linda ever was. A tear dropped onto the ground. It hit the dust on the ground and sparkled with life. Flame saw the display of colours and put his paw into the light. Then he sighed and looked at Melody. He placed his paw on her shoulder in goodbye, and turned to leave.

The light danced across Melody's shoulder to her wound. The open injury healed over and Melody stirred slightly. Everyone in the room gasped and Mike, Star and Flame stepped towards her in hope. The light sped downwards and healed her. Melody's eyes opened.

 Before she knew it she was being swept up from the floor. She weakly protested but she was exhausted. Before long she fell asleep.

When she awoke she was confused. She looked around the small room. She was sure she had never been here before. Then her eyes swept across the discarded clothes that sat in a heap by the bed. The memories came flooding back.

The door opened and Mike walked in followed by Flame. Flame saw her first. He squeaked in shock and fire shot out his mouth. The look on his face clearly showed it was an accident. He flew over to Melody and landed on the side of her bed. She tried to form a question but she didn't know which one to ask  first so she settled for, "Hi." Her voice came out as a dry whisper. It made her wonder how long she'd been unconsious for.

Mike frowned at her from across the room, "Don't speak." he ordered. Melody had looked at him Questioningly. "Havn't used your voice for a while, you probably want to rest it." He reasoned.

Melody shrugged. Actually it hurt to talk so she wasn't going to say much anyway. Melody wondered what had been happening. Before she could ask Flame cried, "Its been torturous without you! Linda locked the Queen in the dungon but everyone thinks Linda saved the Queen! Its a disaster!" He snorted fire in frustration.

"Its not that bad." Melody managed to choke out. Flame and Mike glared at her. She shrugged and added, "So maybe it's worse."

Then it really did get worse. Melody heard the high pitched shrill of a voice from outside the door. None other than Linda herself.