The Dragon

Melody gasped. Turning white she turned away from the door a stunned expression on her face. She heard suspicious mutterings from behind the door and Melody fled around the nearest corner. The door swung open Linda stood, furious in the doorway. She shoved the guard out of the way and stormed angrily down the corridor. Melody peeked out when she was sure Linda was gone.

When Melody and the guard reached her room the guard waited outside and Melody walked into the room. Her eyes widened taking in the expensive room. It was a gigantic room. The furniture was all white and it matched the wallpaper, the floor was cream and everything was new and shiney.

Melody made her way over to the bed and opened the book on healing. She had picked it so she could do some research and help Betty. She read about different herbs and ingredients for creams and potions. She quickly scanned the text instill she came to a page with a picture of a spell book on it. The writing explained a mage who specializeed in healing. Melody read on and discovered a mage was like a magician.

Next Melody opened the book titled The Chosen. The first page was a fiction story. Melody read it quickly. It was about a ice horse and a girl who formed a special bond. The girl was called a chosen one because the ice horse had picked her as a friend. Melody read the passage. When Melody reached the end a simple word was wrote. Star. Melodys face was a picture of amazement. The door to her bedroom open and Melody slammed the book shut in surprise.

Melody looked up to see her visitor was none other than Linda. She carried a little dragon on a velvet pillow. She flicked her blond curls over her shoulder. She smiled cruelly at Melody. "I'd like you to look after my little friend for me." Linda flicked the dragon on the nose and a short burst of angry flames came out of the dragons mouth. 

Melodys heart lept in fright, However she calmly walked up to Linda, took the cushion and flopped back onto the bed. Linda smirked and told her, "He's called Flame." With that she flounced off down the hall.

The little dragon fell asleep and after a little while Melody did too. Melody awoke to the smell of smoke. Sitting up Melody coughed and glared at the dragon. "Your gonna give me lung cancer!" She scolded.

Flame the dragon rolled his eyes. Melody rubbed her eyes wondering if they were playing tricks on her. "I'm hungry!" A voice whined. Melody jumped backwards and thinking to herself, did that dragon just talk? "Well?" He demanded noisily, "Are you just going to stand there?" Melody rolled her eyes. It was just like having a little brother.

Flame led the way to the kitchen. Of course the guard wanted to follow but one heated breath from Flame made him reconsider. Flame greedily bit to the nearest thing he could find, which happened to be Melody's finger. She cried out in pain whilst cursing the dragon.

When she next saw him he was tucking into a apple looking innocent. Melody scowled and the dragon grinned. Also grabbing an apple Melody asked, "Thought dragons only ate meat." Flame fidgeted, looking uncomfortable. He mumbled something quietly. "Say again." Melody asked.

"I'm vegetarian." mumbled the dragon, louder this time. Melody doubled over laughing. She couldn't help herself, he was adorable. A jet of flames passed her head. Melody sat up still silently laughing at him.

An urgent thought reached Melody. Star's in danger.