II

C H A P T E R    T W O:

 Later that night, Louis pulls Harry upstairs to get away from twins with no filters to what they say and Zinnia's innuendos. He pushes Harry down on his bed and closes the door, using the most of their time they have with the door shut until Johanna clues in and orders them to keep it open.

Louis straddles Harry's waist, smoothing a ringlet back from his forhead and leaning in so he can kiss him. Harry's arms curl around Louis' neck and he lets out a sigh, parting his lips as Louis darts his tongue out. Louis strokes a pattern over Harry's cheek with his thumb, rolling their tongues together lazily.

“Louis, door!” he hears his mum yell, banging on it. She retreats down the hall a few seconds later.

Louis pecks Harry with gentle lips, lingering for a few moments. “I love you,” he says, leaning in for a final short kiss.

Harry smiles and rolls out from under him, opening the door one quarter. He turns back to Louis, slipping under his arm and kissing his chin.

“Love you,” he murmurs sweetly.

Louis kisses Harry on the temple, winding a ringlet around his shoulder and pulling gently. Harry reaches for the remote that he knows Louis keeps in the dresser, turning on the telly and flicking through the channels.

“Try Netflix,” Louis suggests after a few moments of empty searching, “they might have something.”

Harry shrugs but does what Louis says, flipping over to films instead of shows. He chooses The Women In Black, starting the flim and snuggling closer. It's the best he can do, the best he gan give.

“What's with you and horror films?” Louis asks with a laugh.

Harry shrugs again, but he's gone tense. He's noticed someone peeking in from the crack in the door, and he curls his hand in Louis' shirt to shake him.

“Stop, Harry,” Louis commands with a semi-playful scowl. “I'm trying to watch the film.”

“No, Lou,” Harry leans forward to whisper in his ear, “there's someone watching us.” He points to the door.

Louis sighs and pauses the film. “What do you want, Lottie?” he inquires, not bothering to open the door and see who it is. Harry finds himself liking how Louis just knows.

The door is pushed open and she comes sprawling in, stretching out on the floor.

“Can I watch the film with you?” she asks.

“No,” Louis says. “Get out, Lottie, you're not allowed to be in here.”

“Please,” she pouts, propping her chin up on his bed. “I've always wanted to see The Women In Black. I'll be quiet, I promise.”

Louis sighs, opening his mouth to say something, but Harry beats him to it with, “It wouldn't be so bad. It's okay with me, Louis.”