VII

C H A P T E R    S E V E N:

It's a few days later, Louis lounging around his house, when Harry comes bursting through the unlocked front door. Johanna really should remember to lock it when she goes out and leaves Louis alone.

He looks surprised. “Harry?”

“Hey,” Harry pants. He waves a few letters around. “College acceptance letters came today.”

Louis perks up at this and beckons Harry over, kissing his cheek and telling him he'll “be back after I check the mail”. Harry turns over the stack of letters in his hands and bites his lip. He's so nervous.

Louis comes back with a handful of letters, four for him and the rest for Zinnia. Her and Harry look like they have the same amount of letters, which is probable considering they both applied to many of the same high-ranked schools.

“Want to open yours first?” Louis asks.

Harry shakes his head. “Same time. I'm so scared.”

Louis sighs and places his letters on the couch. He cups Harry's cheek and presses their foreheads together, starting at Harry until he goes cross-eyed.

“You'll get in wherever you applied, you're that smart,” he says. “You're brilliant, baby.”

Harry flushes bright pink. “You're only saying that because you're my boyfriend.”

“No,” Louis disagrees, “I'm saying it because it's true. If you were stupid, I would tell you. I'm pretty blunt.”

“Louis,” Harry breathes in shakily. “Louis, I need to tell you something important.” Louis kisses his forehead and nods. Harry continue. “I applied to some universities in the United States.”

“Oh,” Louis gasps, face falling. “Oh.”

“Harvard is the top ranking school in the world. It keeps getting one hundred percent in it's reputation and education score,” Harry justifies, “of course I applied there. I also applied to Stanford, Yale, Princeton, NYU, Cornell, Brown, and the University of California.”

“Oh,” Louis repeats.

“Louis, please,” Harry begs. “These schools are big deals. If I get in, you have to be happy for me. If you love me, truly love me, you'll be happy.”

“Are you crazy?” Louis spits out. “Of course I'll be happy for you. I'll miss you, but I'll support you. I'm just a little in shock because of how many schools you applied to.”

“Education was one thing my parents had planned out when they were together,” Harry smiles. “Part of me working so much is to pay for it. Even though my mum drank a lot, she always made sure she kept adding the money she was supposed to into mine and Gemma's funds every month. I have about two years worth of university paid off with my parents funds alone. With my money, I could pay for the international fees for three years of college and still have money for travelling.” He fiddles with his finger. “But enough of my bragging. Let's open letters, okay?”