XIX

C H A P T E R    N I N E T E E N:

When Louis wakes up in the morning, part of him hopes Harry will still be sleeping right beside him, but he's not. All that's there is a note on the pillow Harry used the night before.

Louis,

Thank your mum for me for allowing me to spend the night. And I also want to thank you for not thinking twice when I acted all crazy. Maybe we can meet in the bathroom during study hall?

Love,

Harry.

Louis sighs as he reads it over a second time. Johanna calls him from downstairs in the kitchen, so gets up so he can throw on a pair of shorts and a tank top and go get his breakfast. He's too tired and too worn out to really care about how he looks.

“Isn't prom next week?” Johanna asks as she places a bowl of cereal down in front of him.

Louis sighs. “Yup.”

“Aren't you excited?” she presses.

“I guess so,” he shrugs.

“I'm going with Chloe-Grace, Elaina, and Lizzie,” Zinnia says to deflect the attention off of Louis. He gives her a greatful smile.

“That's nice, love,” Johanna smiles. “Wait a moment. Harry slept over, didn't he?”

“He must have left before we all woke up. He left me a note. He wants me to thank you, by the way,” Louis explains.

She nods and turns back to the stove to get eggs cooking for the rest of her children. Zinnia holds her hand out and Louis places the note Harry left in her hand. He knows her well enough.

“You're explaining on the way to school,” she declares. “But the real matter is if you're going to meet him in that bathroom.”

He rolls his eyes. “Of course I am. Who do you think I am?”

They're whispering, but they know Johanna is listening in. She isn't very subtle. Louis hates how nosy she is.

“We'll talk later,” Zinnia mouths. Louis nods.

“You should probably get going,” Johanna says.

“Yeah,” Louis agrees. He shovels the last of his cereal in his mouth and stands from the table. Johanna sighs, but puts his bowl in the sink for him and he grabs his bag and starts for the door.

“I don't want any surprise guests staying the night today, Lou,” she warns sternly. “I know you weren't expecting last night, but if you want to make plans, call me. Okay?”

“Yep,” he nods. “Bye, mum. Love you.”