13.

Brad's PoV

Me and Rachel have just got changed and we are just sitting on Rachel's sofa just in silence.

"it was a while ago" Rachel starts looking nervous and scared

"You know you can tell me anything" I say moving closer to her and taking her hand in mine. She gives me a small smile

"Three years ago I found a lump. And I panicked I never knew what was going to happen or what to do. I never wanted to tell mum or dad or even Charlie (my big brother ) incase it would worry them. I went to cousin Jess's who was in LA traveling with her husband and I told her and she told me I had to go to the doctor straight away. So she came back home with me and her husband and they came with me to the doctors. I was so scared cause I just knew it wasn't going to be good. The doctors looked and told me I had to go for a scan as soon as possible. I went and they found a tumour and they were quite worried about it as it was spreading quite quickly so they wanted me to start  chemo to try and shrink the tumour because it was to big and it would be to dangerous to operate to remove it . I never knew what to do I never wanted to tell mum and dad and Charlie but I knew I had to. I told mum and dad and Charlie and I started chemo as soon as possible the doctors never thought I would make it but the chemo worked so I was on that for about a year and the tumour shrunk and it stopped spreading so they were able to operate. Leaving me with this disgusting ugly scar and the horrible memories every time I look at it." Rachel says tears falling from her eyes she isn't looking at me she is just looking at our hands that are intertwined. My heart absolutely breaks into a million pieces and tears fall from my eyes.

"You had cancer" I stutter tears falling from my eyes and Rachel nods slowly

I bring her into a hug as she cries into my chest

"I am so so sorry Rach I'm so sorry I wasn't there to look after you, make you smile. I am so sorry. I am so so sorry I wasn't there for you " I say tears still falling from my eyes as I repeat myself over and over how sorry I am. Rachel whips my tears with her thumb but it doesn't work as more tears just fall.

"Your here now" Rachel whispers giving me a small smile.

"That scar is not ugly or disgusting. It shows what an amazing beautiful, strong young women you are. You kicked cancer backside. You could never be ugly or disgusting your absolutely perfect in every way" I say to Rachel giving her a small smile.

"Thank you" Rachel whispers bringing me into a big hug

"I love you so much" I whisper

"I love you too so much" I hear Rachel say and kiss my cheek as tears still fall from both our eyes.

I will forever be sorry for not being there for you Rachel.