Chapter 5 - An attack and a Banishing

He awoke me the next day, after a while, Thomas had started talking whilst we gardened. And let me just say it now, Newt in his orange singlet that was underneath his jumper, is adorable. It made him so much cuter.

 "Has anyone tried climbing to the top?"

 "Tried it. The ivy doesn't goall the way to the top." I told him. 

"And besides, where are you gonna go fromthere?" 

"What about the box? Just jump in the box the next time it comes up..."

 "No, we tried that. The box won't go back down with someone in it."

 "okay, whatif we...-"

 "No, we tried it. Alright? Twice. Alright, trust me, anything you've come up with, we've already tried." Newt told him. 

 I finished for him, "The only way out is through the maze. Now look if you wanna be helpful?" I threw a bucket to him, "Go get us some fertilizer." Zart chuckled as we watched Thomas walk off.

 We went back to work, soon enough, we heard screams from Thomas. Isaw Thomas running from Ben. I quickly grabbed the shovel, and sprinted over,Ben tackled Thomas.

 I went over and yelled, "BEN!" he looked up and I hit him on the head hard with the shovel. He fell off of Thomas and I dropped the shovel, going to Ben quickly. "Ben, Calm down!"

    "Calm down, Ben." "What are you doing?" Newt asked Ben. We all held Ben down and I asked, "What the hell happened?" "He just attacked me," Ben started to calm down, possibly passing out.

 "Calm down Ben..."I told him, Alby walked over and looked at me, "Raise his shirt." I pulled hisshirt up, revealing his stomach and where he was stung. 

Everyone gasped and those who stood around, moved back. "He's been stung. In the middle of the day?" "oh... Ben." Ben looked at me with sorrowful eyes. "Don't let them hurt me,(Y/n). Please!" 

"Ben..." I placed his shirt down, I looked at Alby before looking at some other boys. "Take him to the pit. Come on, Everyone help." Ben started to struggle against all the boys, and so I looked at Newt,who called the med-jacks.

 I looked at Ben. "Ben, calm down." They took him away, I sighed. Ben was my friend as well as Minho's.

That afternoon, we were banishing Ben. We were given our poles and everyone else who weren't keepers or leaders had spears.

Minho approached with Ben binded, I nodded at Minho and they walked into the middle of the group, where the door was about to close.Ben sobbed as he was let go from his binds.

 Minho walked to the door, and threw in a small pack of water and food. The doors creaked in gears, and then the wind came, I quickly grabbed Newt's hand and he squeezed it. "Poles!" we let goof each other and gripped our poles, lowering them towards Ben.

 "Move in!" thedoors slowly started to close and we moved closer, pushing Ben towards the maze. Though he still fought, he pushed against the poles.

 We all pushed harder, and soon enough he was in. the doors were just about to close when we raised the poles. Ben was on the other side of the doors. He screamed as the doors fully closed, cutting him off. 

We all looked down and placed the poles on the wall. Alby turned and looked at Thomas, "He belongs to the maze now."

 Alby looked at me and nodded, before walking away. I went after and Newt came after me, I slowed down so I could walk with Newt. Who grabbed my hand. 

That night, Gally crossed Ben's name off the wall, and I headed to bed, after watching Gally cross the name off the stone wall with three of his builders with him to help, shine light.