Chapter 8 - "What did you do now, Thomas?"

Third person:

"Oh, (Y/n)..." Newt said to the girl who he cared so much for. He picked her up from the grass and took her to her bed, he leant down, kissing her forehead as she slept peacefully.

 Minho smiled at the two, happy that his 'sister' was happy. The next morning, Minho headed to the slammer where he got Thomas out of it.

 They headed towards the door, it opened enough and they ran. They ran throughout the maze to the outer sections, to section 7. 

They walked towards the blades, and eventually found Ben's clothes and then the machine from WICKED turned on, showing them which way to go. 

They followed it, which led to a bridge, that had a dead end, well it was actually a door. The machine stopped and the walls opened. 

Revealing a small exit where they thought the grievers went into. A light turned on, scanning them and then a siren. Everything started to close, loud siren blaring. 

The blades started closing and the two ran, making their way back to the glade as quick as they could. Whilst in the glade, everyone else was starting to freak as they heard loud sounds from the maze. 

They made it back and Newt and (Y/n) with other Gladers stood waiting. "What the hell is going on out there?" (Y/n) asked, her Australian accent showing more and more as she spoke.

 Newt glanced at her, smirking. 

"We found something. A new passage. We think it could be a new way out."

 "Really?"

 "It's true. We opened a door. Something I've never seen before. Think it must be where the grievers go during the day."

 "Wait. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. You're saying you've found the grievers' home? And you want us to go in?"

 "Their way in could be our way out, Chuck." 

"Yeah. Or, there could be a thousand grievers on the other side. The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's done, as usual!"

 Thomas turned around, "Yeah, well at least I did something gally! I mean what have you done besides hide behind these walls all the time."

 "Let me tell you something, Greenie. You've been here 3 days, I've been here 3 years-"

"Yeah, you've been here 3 years, and you're still here, Gally! Alright, so what does that tell you? M-maybe you should start doing everything differently." Teresa yelled, "GUYS! Alby's awake!"

(Y/n)'s POV:

I sprinted off to see Alby,when I arrived, I said. 

"Alby." He turned and looked at me. The look in his eyes, was lost and sad, wehugged, the others walked in and Newt glanced at me, before sitting besideAlby.

 "Alby. You alright?" Thomas crouched down, looking at Alby. 

"Hey, Alby.Alby, we might have found a way out of the maze. You hear me? We could begetting out of here."

 Alby shook his head, "We can't. we can't leave. Theywon't let us." "What are you talking about?" "I remember."

 "Remember what?" 

"You. You were always their favourite, Thomas. Always."