Chapter 16 - The Teresa Betrayal

We heard helicopters, 

"They're coming!" I yelled, the helicopters blew everything up.

 Well sorta. 

Guards came down shooting launchers. 

Sonya threw me a rifle and I started shooting, we hid but went to work shooting.

 Everyone was screaming. 

Suddenly a grenade of electricity was thrown paralysing us.

 I groaned, we were lifted up and placed into lines. We were all scanned and Janson walked over to me, "You weren't meant for maze A, you were meant for the B maze."

 Thomas gave himself up, he was thrown next tome, "Thomas, what are you doing?" 

"I'm tired of running." A bigger ship flew down, screw it, I'm gonna call it a dropship. 

It landed and 4 guards walked out, with doctor Ava Paige.

 Thomas was picked up and taken to Ava. 

"Hello Thomas." 

Suddenly Teresa emerged and I growled,

 "I'm glad you're safe." 

We all stood up, 

"What the hell?" 

"Teresa?" 

"Wait, What's going on?" 

"She's with them." 

"Since when?" 

"Oh, Teresa has always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good. Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time."

 We all gave her hurt faces, 

"I'm sorry. I had no choice. This is the only way. We have to find a cure."

 "She's right. This is all just a means to an end. You used to understand that, Thomas. No matter what you think of me. I am not a monster, I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure, no matter the cost. I just need more time."

 "More blood." 

"Hello Mary. I hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry about it being under these circumstances."

 "I'm sorry about a lot of things, but not this. At least my conscience is clear." 

"So is mine." 

Suddenly Mary, the woman who remembered Thomas was shot.

 We moved away, and I saw Janson shot her. 

Vince screamed at him. 

Thomas was grabbed but he knocked the guy out, pulling out a bomb.

 "Get back! Get back! Everyone Back! Stay back." 

Guns were focused on Thomas. 

"Let them all go!" 

"You know I can't do that!"

 "Thomas! Please, stop! I made a deal with them, they promised that we'd be safe. All of us."

 "And I'm supposed to trust you now?" 

"It's true, it was her only condition. 

Everything can go back to the way it was."

 I gripped Newt's hand as the conversation continued. 

We walked over to Thomas, I placed my unused hand onto Thomas' shoulder. 

"We're with you." 

"Don't." 

"Do it, Thomas."

 "We're ready."

 "We're not going back there. It's the only way." 

Suddenly a car jumped out of nowhere and headed straight for a helicopter. 

We all ran and I quickly went to Newt. 

I grabbed a handgun and I shot at some of the guards. 

Minho told me to go, and so I did, "Come on, Minho!" I yelled, Minho was suddenly shot with a launcher, the electricity gun.

 "MINHO!" I yelled, he looked at me as he landed on a stack of boxes.

 "(Y-(Y/n)...!" 

We all ran forward but Jorge blocked us, we were pulled away and I watched as the helicopters flew off. 

The next morning,we looked around for supplies, anything left.

 I looked at the helmet of a WICKED guard. 

"What do we do now?" 

"well, we pick up what's left of us. Stick to the plan, get you kids to the safe haven. Then we start over, I guess..." 

Thomas stood up, his bag packed, 

"I won't be going with you. I made a promise to Minho, that I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go save him." 

Newt and I stood up. 

"I'm not asking anyone to come with me."

 "Thomas, I want you to listen to me, I've known Minho for as long as I can remember. So if there is any way, we could help him, trust me, I would be there by your side, standing next to you. This, what you're talking about is impossible."

 "More like suicide." Jorge said, 

"Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now. It's not just about Minho, it's about all of us. About everyone they hurt, and will take. They'll never stop. So, I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige."

 I smiled, "I'm doing this with you as well Thomas. For everyone back at the glade, who died... and those who may die in the near future of the battles to come." 

"That's a good speech, kid. So what's your plan?" we all looked to Thomas. 

"If I'm gonna go down, I'm gonna go down saving Minho." I said smiling. I looked at my forearm and saw a small black dot on the skin with just visible black veins, growing slightly. 

It was beginning... I placed my shirt sleeve down so the dot was covered. 

'I'm infected... no matter, as long as Minho and the others are alive, then I'll die happy.' I told myself. 

I looked at Newt and sighed.