Chapter 13 - Meeting Cranks and Into the Scorch

We eventually followed Teresa into a building.

 And I pulled out a torch from my bag. I gave it to Newt. 

We figured there was footprints, we eventually found a store and we went inside. There was some clothes and I smiled.

 I placed on better boots, and got changed into better clothes, "What?" Winston said, I smiled at Newt. 

I placed a bandanna on, around my neck and brushed my hair. 

Suddenly the lights turned on, I grabbed my pack and had some clothes packed. We heard yelling from Thomas and Minho, things chasing after them.

 We ran away, up multiple stairs and as we ran past glass windows, I was tackled. 

"NEWT!" I yelled, as I struggled against the creature called a crank, it's mouth opened, revealing a black creature inside of some sort. It was disgusting. "Eww...".

 Newt and the others came to help me. We ran and went down a hallway.

 Checking the doors. We ran to the end and one door was able to move. 

We moved through the door and we all went. 

Winston was grabbed, getting scratched by the Cranks. 

We carried him away and ran. Cranks behind Thomas. 

We made it to a safe area, but the cranks couldn't find us. I hugged Newt as I fell asleep. 

Newt helped me up as we left. We made our way through the broken city and soon enough heard the helicopters slowly flying towards us.

 "Hide!" we all hid under some concrete. We continued to walk, I held Newt's hand as we climbed, we made it to a large sand hill. 

We looked over and saw the mountains.Winston suddenly fell, dropping his bag. We all ran to him. He couldn't breathe.

 We carried him on a stretcher. When it was sandy, I put my bandanna up. 

We made shelter, and Newt gave me some water. I gave it back, nodding to him. 

"How's it looking?" 

"It's not that much further."

 "Well, that's not very convincing." Newt said as I chuckled. 

Winston shot the gun and we all freaked."Winston?" Winston coughed up black liquid and I stepped back. "It's growing,inside me..." Winston said, revealing the wound and something inside him was indeed growing, moving.

 I sat down next to Winston. "Winston... do you want t-"he nodded, knowing exactly what I was going to say. 

"Give him the gun..." Newt bent down, placing the gun in Winston's hand. 

He thanked us, and told us to go. 

"Winston... goodbye. Thanks for being a good friend in the glade... tell Alby... if you see him, I say hello..." he chuckled and I kissed him on the forehead. 

He nodded and we all left him.

 I cried silently as I walked with Newt. We stoppedwhen we heard the gunshot. 

We made it to another camp by night. "I thought we were supposed to be Immune." 

"Not all of us. I guess." 

"If Winston can get infected. We should assume so could the rest of us." 

"I never thought I see the day, I miss the glade..." Fry said as a tear fell. 

"Me too." We continued to walk, the next day, both water bottles out of water.

 I threw the bottle away in frustration. That night, we rested in the sand, my head on Newt's arm.     

A storm was brewing...