Chapter 19 - Getting worse

We continued to look around, and we found AvaPaige. 

I looked to my left and saw Janson, gun aimed. 

I pushed Newt who pushedThomas. we ran to a hallway full of people, guns ready.

 We called for Minho andran into guards. We shot them as we walked into a different hallway. 

We werebeing fired upon and so we continued to run, my gun needed to be reloaded andso when we came to a small intersection, we stopped, and I reloaded, two guardson our left were shot by Newt, where we came from, Thomas was already aiming.

 We continued backing up, and I started to shoot the guards on our left. We wentaround the corner and quickly fell to the floor. Guns outta ammo, pistol almostout.

 I looked at the body of a guard and saw an electrical grenade. I rushedtowards it. I made it start ticking and threw it at the remaining guards. Itexploded into electricity. Zapping them.

 We turned a corner and into a guardwith a gun directly aimed for Thomas. suddenly Minho elbowed the dude and intothe wall. 

Minho threw him through the glass and looked at us, I ran him,hugging him. well we all did. We ran into more guards as we had our moment andquickly ran, around a corner. 

We ran into Janson and so I pushed through thedoor, and we all ran in. Thomas locked it and Minho said "(Y/n), over here." Ihelped him push the table over to the door. 

We backed up to the glass and Igripped Newt's hand.

 I looked into his eyes and told him, "Newt... I'm afraid ofheights... especially this high..." he looked back into my frightened eyes andkissed me.

 We heard a saw and turned to see sparks coming from the door. "Anyideas?"

 "Maybe." We grabbed a gas container and chucked it at the glass,breaking it. 

We all looked down at the pool of water. 

"We just need a littlebit of a running start." Thomas said as he backed up. 

We did too, "Sure aboutthis?" 

"Not really." 

"Nice pep talk." 

"Yeah, we're bloody inspired." 

Suddenlythe door opened and Newt's grip on my hand tightened.

 We ran and I squeezedonto Newt's hand as the wind brushed my face and my stomach dropped. 

We landedinto the pool and Minho went up, then Newt then me, then Thomas. 

We all lookedto the window as I pushed my hair out of my face. We swam to the exit of thepool and Thomas, and Minho helped both Newt and I out. 

We were suddenlyconfronted by 4 guards. I reached for my pistol but the guard told me not to.Suddenly one of the guards shot the other 3 and took off the mask to revealGally. 

We went after Gally and we went to cover when we saw cars andhelicopters flying or driving by. I started to cough, and felt a substancecoming out of my mouth.

 I reached my hand up and touched it. I moved my handback and saw black liquid. "Hey, how ya feeling?" "Terrible..." "It's good to seeyou, Minho." I said out of breath.