Chapter 18 - Admitting to Tommy

"there's gotta be another way."

 "Like what?You've seen the building, she is the only way in." 

"You really think she's gonna help us."

 "I don't plan on asking for her permission."

 As the other stalked, I slowly started to get annoyed with Thomas, and my arm was being a pain. Literally. My arm was stinging. 

 "What you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt? Hmm?" I asked, frustration clear in my voice. 

Newt stepped towardsThomas, 

"Obviously it's never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?" 

"Wait,what are you talking about?" 

"Teresa. She's the only reason why Minho's even missing, in the first place. And now we've finally got an opportunity, on getting him back, and what? You don't want to because... of her?" I asked angrily, as Newt got closer and closer. 

"Because deep inside you still care for her. Just admit it." I encouraged, getting closer. 

"Newt... (Y-" Thomas said but Newt interrupted him and yelled, pushing him to the wall. "Don't lie to me!" "Don't lie to us!" I growled. 

"You don't know what it's like, being treated terribly! Having to stay in the glade for 3 years, full of boys! Who wanted to get their hands on me! To use me! SO GET OVER YOUR FEELINGS, THOMAS! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS! SHE'S BETRAYED US ALL, AND SHE'S GOT MINHO In her grasp..." I yelled angrily. 

I regained myself, shocked as to what just happened. I looked at my hands, they were shaking.

 I looked to everyone else in the room and they were shocked at our reactions. 

I didn't notice Newt grab my other arm until I felt him basically dragging me away.

 I sat on the edge, looking at my infected forearm.

 More dark veins had appeared, I looked down.  

'Get angry, black veins, black liquid, quick rush to become angry. All signs of turning into a crank...'

 Thomas came out and looked at us. 

"Sorry, about that. In there." I apologized. 

"Guess we can't hide these anymore, can we, (Y/N/N)?"

 "Nope..." I pulled my sleeve up, revealing it to Thomas. 

"Why didn't you both tell me?" 

"I didn't want you to worry about us until we save Minho." 

"I didn't think it'd make any difference." Newt told him. 

"All I know is WICKED must of put me in that maze for a reason. Maybe it was to tell the difference between immunes like you or people like us." 

"You know, we can still fix this Newt, (Y/n). Ok? We can." "Don't worry about us. This is about Minho. And now he needs us. So if there is even the slightest chance, that we can save him,get him outta there. We'll take that, no matter what the cost."

 "'kay I hear you." I looked down, gripping Newt's hand. 

That night, Thomas was going to get Teresa. 

They came back with her and I fell asleep on Newt's lap as they questioned Teresa. 

I woke up to Newt throwing some uniform onto me. I groaned sitting up. "What's this...?" "We're going to get Minho, Get changed." I nodded,changing into the uniform and putting the boots on.

 He threw me the helmet and I placed it on. 

We went into the city and I waited for Teresa to walk inside. 

She did and Gally joined up, and then me, and soon enough we all were together,Newt and I wore the red like outfit.

 With guns in our hands. We went down the stairs as we raised our guns, Gally went for the power system when suddenly I felt the urge of something in my throat, I opened the helmet and started to cough, very badly. I glared at Teresa as I turned around. 

"N-Ne-wt..." I coughed between his name. He was also coughing but I was worse.

 I fell to the wall,slightly but he caught me. I finally stopped coughing and I nodded at him.

We made it to the door, to the room and we met a guard, we all charged our weapons and I shot him, we all fired at the men on duty and we went to the doors with windows. We unlocked the doors and saw all the kids. So I took off my helmet.

 "Come on guys, we're getting you outta here." The kids all went to the door we entered through and I noticed Minho wasn't here. 

Thomas went to Teresa. "Where is he?" he was moved and we were going with Thomas to get Minho. We followed after Teresa to an elevator. I noticed Janson was coming. 

Thomas pressed the button multiple times. And it soon came. We went in and just as it was about to close. Was Janson's hand. I was in the middle of the two boys as Janson and Teresa talked. I looked at Thomas slightly to see him reach for the trigger of his gun. 

"One thing you should know, Thomas is here." We all glanced at each other secretly behind Janson and Teresa. The elevator stopped on our level and we followed Teresa out, but not without Thomas shouldering Janson.

 We were speed walking and Teresa started talking. "Thomas, you have to listen to me. Getting that serum won't save Newt or (Y/n). It might buy them some time, but-" 

"Just ignore her,she's trying to get inside of your head."

 "Thomas, listen. You know what's going on out there. People are dying, the world is dying. There's something about your blood, I don't understand."

 "Open it." Teresa pressed the button, it opened and we walked through. 

"I promise, I can protect you."

 "Yeah? Like you protected Minho?" Thomas said as he threw his mask off. 

"What are you doing?" I whispered. 

"How many people will it take, hmm? How many people will it take for you to stop?" 

"It's stops when we find a cure." 

"There is no goddamn cure." 

"Don't waste your breath, Teresa." Janson said as he had a gun on us.

 I raised my gun at him,

 "He made his choice long ago." 

More guards came running over and Thomas grabbed Teresa, gun to her head. 

Suddenly, Teresa pushed us into the room, closing the door. They fired at the door and went to it, I pulled my mask off. 

Newt pulled his off too and we went after Thomas. 

We walked past scientists who gave us odd glances. I gripped Newt's hand as we hid, my breathing was slowly getting harder.