sixteen

slightly edited.

if the air of the old house wasn't clogged after hoseok realized it's definitely clogged after he left.

yoongi isn't well. the letter rests with him wherever he goes. his mind baffled at where hoseok would go and he can't help but think seokjin would know.

seokjin knew so much about hoseok it made yoongi feel like a stranger to the boy with flame hot hair.

jimin towers over yoongi, who simply stares at his fruit salad. almost frustrated because he somehow remembers how hoseok would eat fruit salad with such savagery whereas he left his untouched.

"i'm sorry, i should've known jeongguk wouldn't be a problem. i just, wish i knew about him." yoongi nods not really in the mood to talk.

he thinks back to after the realization and how hoseok would barely mutter a word. he compares himself to the younger.

"i'm also sorry that hoseok left. i really do think it's my fault, i should've gotten a hint from namjoon or at least should've replied with care. i just, didn't know hoseok was fragile. did you?"

jimin's words affect yoongi more then they should because now yoongi's questioning everything.

the cheating, the lying, the friendships, the love. the feelings. did he really know jung hoseok?

no. no, he doesn't.

everything hits him all at once: sadness, anger, pure love. it streams through his veins like blood without air. suffocating but needed.

he slides hoseok's letter to jimin. he doubts jimin cared at this point but he holds this string of hope between his fingers and clings onto his love for the youngest.

something within jimin sparks like when two lovers kiss for the first time.

yet this time, it's not an idea nor is it a conclusion. it's simply a different route of thought.

"he loves us yoongs and we treat him like dirt."

"i know. "

"he cares so much and he didn't say anything about it."

"i know."

"he didn't want to ruin us yet we managed to ruin ourselves."

yoongi looks up at this one. his eyes meet jimin's and the knowing in both of them is like seven daggers to the heart.

they hold a long silence before yoongi drags a shaky breath, that feels like ice against his throat.

"i know."

( this is late but ah!! wowee yoongi's smart he knows everything!!

thoughts? comment about anything it's rlly fun to read over them 😋

see u on friday hopefully mwah! )