t h r e e

Lexi's POV

"Hello?" I heard Baylee's voice as I was laying in bed, just waking up, my eyes still closed.

"Okay. I'll let her know." 

"Yeah." 

"Alright!" 

"Bye." I groggily opened my eyes to see Baylee holding my phone in her hand.

"Your mom called and I answered since you didn't seem too eager to answer it yourself." She said.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically. "What did she want?" 

"Kian's flight lands at 5:00, and it's almost noon now, so I suggest we start getting ready." Baylee said, tossing my phone lightly to me, as I sat up.

"Shit... how much did you drink last night?" I asked her, getting out of bed and putting my hair up into a bun.

"Only one drink, that's why we're home right now. You on the other hand, had like three or four drinks. I came to get you so we could go and you were making out with Evan." She stated, following me downstairs, and I immediately stopped in my tracks.

"You're lying." My jaw dropped.

"I am." She cracked into a smile.

"I hate you!" I laughed, punching her in the arm.

"You were getting VERY COZY with him though." She looked at me, her smile fading this time and I knew she was telling the truth. 

"Oh hush..." I mumbled, taking out two mugs from the cupboard once we'd reached the kitchen. I placed one under the spout of the Keurig, putting in a coffee pod. While Baylee's coffee filled, I opened the cupboard above me and took out a tea bag. 

"We need to leave the house by 4:00, at the latest." Baylee stated, looking at her phone. 

"Okay." I said, pouring hot water from the heated mini tap of the sink into my mug. I dropped the tea bag in, and just as I did, Baylee's coffee finished filling. I took out the coffee creamer and put it on the island along with the cup of coffee where Baylee was sitting.

"Thanks." She said. I picked up my now-finished cup of tea and leaned back against the counter, taking a sip. 

"I'm not looking forward to this at all." I sighed.

"Why? He was your best friend for years." She questioned, scrolling through something on her phone. 

"I know... it's just things ended badly and I'm just scared that he's changed into some asshole douchebag, or even worse, ended up going to private boarding school and now loves Beethoven." I laughed a little.

"I think both of those are a bit extreme." Baylee laughed. 

"I guess we'll find out!" I said. I heard my phone vibrate on the counter, so I picked it up to see a text from my mom:

Mother: here's kian's number in case he has to call you or you need to reach him. 428-347-2029 (a/n: i just typed random numbers, this is not a real phone number hahaha)

I started typing and then press send. 

Me: as if i'd want to talk to him. but thanks. A few seconds later, she replied.

Mother: you're going to have to talk to him eventually. let me know when you get to the airport please. love you

Me: ok

I locked my phone, slipping it into the pocket of my pajama pants that I was wearing. 

"I guess I'll go start getting ready." I mumbled, walking towards the staircase, my tea in hand. 

FOUR O'CLOCK P.M....

"C'mon Lex, we have to go now!" I heard Baylee yell from downstairs. 

"Coming!" I yelled back. I put on my checkered Vans that went well with my black ripped skinny jeans and gray Thrasher sweatshirt. I had straightened my hair and done my makeup. I went downstairs, taking two at a time without managing to fall, and grabbed my purse from the dining room table. 

"Dang girl. Who are you trying to impress?" Baylee taunted. 

"Shut up. No one." I rolled my eyes playfully before we went out the door and into my car. I started the car and backed out of the driveway, not needing directions to the airport as I already knew how to navigate the short, forty-ish minute drive to the airport. Throughout the ride, Baylee and I talked and listened to music, and before I knew it, I was pulling into a parking spot and turning the car off. 

"What time is it?" Baylee asked as we got out of my car. 

"It's 4:52, so hopefully his flight didn't land early. I wasn't expecting traffic." I answered, putting my phone in my sweatshirt pocket as we walked over to the entrance and went through the automatic doors. Straight ahead of us was the electronic board with all the flight information. We made it to the sign, trying to find a flight from anywhere coming to Sioux City. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out to see a text from an unknown number. 

Unknown: my flight is A115 coming from Los Angeles on American Airlines :)

My eyes traveled to the screen and sure enough, there was Kian's flight. The baggage would be coming out onto carousel four, so we would wait for him by the escalator that led from the gates to the bottom floor. I looked back down to the surface that my fingers were resting on.

Me: okay. i'll be surprised if you even remember what i look like. i have a friend w/ me btw

I pressed send. 

"You're nervous." Baylee looked at me. 

"No I'm not." I stated. I was actually lying and she knew that. 

"You're biting the inside of your cheek-" I stopped when she said that. "You only do that when you're nervous." She said as we began to walk over to where we'd meet Kian. His flight should have landed a few minutes ago. We stood there and people began to come down the escalator. I scanned the people, my heart rate picking up.

"Baylee I'm not nervous..." I whisper-yelled. 

"You realize I have no clue what he looks like, right?" She clarified, also looking at all the people. I saw a couple boys who looked to be my age but weren't Kian. 

"Ooh, sorry I know we're looking for Kian, but that guy is so hot." Baylee said.

"Where?" I asked, suddenly distracted. 

"Behind that lady in the red sweatshirt." She told me. My eyes found the lady and looked up and my stomach dropped instantly. The boy had brown hair and tattoos on his arms. He was wearing a pair of ripped blue jeans and a white graphic tshirt. I looked at his face, and knew it was Kian.

"Shit..." I whispered.

"What?" Baylee asked, confused.

"It's him..." I whispered. He typed something on his phone and as soon as he put it back in his pocket, my phone vibrated. I pulled it out of my pocket.

unknown: the flight landed early

me: i know, i see u !

I put my phone in my pocket and saw that Kian had made it to the bottom floor. He looked around at people until we made eye contact. He smiled and practically ran over to me and Baylee.

"Lexi!" He said, immediately hugging me tightly. I hugged him back. 

"Hi Kian." 

---A/N---

FINALLY!

will these next seven days be heaven or hell?

-L