s i x

Lexi's POV

"That's true. You're not mad at me, right?" He asked. 

"No, at first I was, but that was six years ago." I responded, looking at the tattoos covering his arms. He must have noticed me looking at them. 

"You don't have any tattoos do you?" He asked. 

"Why do you say that?" I asked, slightly amused. 

"Because you're looking at mine like you've never seen a tattoo before and you're a chicken when it comes to needles." He laughed. 

"Shut up." I laughed, hitting his arm. 

"Do you want any?" He asked.

"I mean, yeah, but I don't know what I would even get." I truthfully told him. Suddenly a smirk formed on his face. 

"What? I know that look." I sighed. 

"Why not get one now?" He smirked. 

"Kian, are you crazy? It's after one in the morning. And they're expensive. And I don't know what-" I was rambling. 

"I'll pay for it. C'mon let's go." He smiled. 

"Kian." I looked at him. 

"Live a little." He whispered, getting up off the swing. 

"Live a little." I mimicked him with a laugh before getting up as we walked back to my house. I put on a pair of jeans and just left my sweatshirt on. I grabbed my car keys and put my hair in a bun. 

"I found a 24 hour tattoo shop about ten minutes away." Kian said, looking at his phone as we got in my car. I started it and the familiar sound of LANY filled my car. I turned the volume down and no sooner than I did, Kian turned it back up. 

"You listen to LANY?" I asked in surprise. 

"Yeah, Jc loves LANY too." He smiled. He gave me directions and about ten minutes later we arrived. It was nicer than I expected it to be. There was a large neon "TATTOOS" sign in the window. I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest as Kian opened the door and we walked in. 

"Do you have an appointment?" The guy behind the front desk asked. Both arms were covered in tattoos and he even had tattoos on his neck. 

"No, do you do walk ins?" Kian asked. 

"Yep. Are you both getting one?" He asked us. 

"Just me." I spoke up, looking around at the tattoo drawings covering one of the walls. 

"Alright, Derick is working on someone right now but you'll be next." The guy told us. 

"Thank you." Kian said as we went and sat down in the waiting area.

"Do you have a pen and a piece of paper in your purse?" Kian asked. 

"Yeah why?" I asked, finding a stack of sticky notes and a pen a few seconds later. 

"I have an idea." He said, as I handed them to him. About five minutes later he handed me the sticky note. He had drawn a simple rose but it didn't look cartoon-ish, it still looked detailed. 

"Mostly represents LANY, but you could just say that you like roses too." He smiled. 

"I like it." I smiled. 

"Lexi?" A voice called and we turned to see, I'm assuming, Derick.

"Yes." I stood up and we followed him to a room in the back. 

"Is this your first tattoo?" He asked. 

"Yeah." I sighed, suddenly feeling even more nervous than before. 

"Alright well first off, what do you want and where?" He asked as he grabbed his supplies. Kian handed him the little piece of paper with the rose sketch. 

"Probably my forearm." I thought out loud. 

"I like this. You do this man?" He asked Kian. 

"Yeah." Kian smiled a little. Derick cleaned the skin where I would be getting it: my right forearm. He grabbed a bottle of black ink, the gun, and a needle. 

"How did you convince me to do this?" I asked, feeling a knot in my stomach as the realization hit me. 

"You'll be fine." He looked at me. I looked at the needle once Derick was finished setting everything up. 

"Alright, you ready?" He asked, turning on the gun as a buzz filled the room. I looked over at Kian and he smiled at me. 

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed, and just as I said that, Kian grabbed my hand, calming me down a little bit. The needle touched my skin and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. About forty-five minutes later, I had a rose on my arm. 

"And you're done." Derick said, wiping off my arm. 

"I love it. Thank you." I smiled. I got up from the chair and after a few seconds let go of Kian's hand that I didn't realize I'd still been holding. We walked up to the front desk and after being told how to take care of the tattoo for the next few weeks and Kian paying, we left the shop. 

"Thank you Kian." I said, hugging him before we got in the car. 

"I knew you'd like it. And now you're gonna want more, trust me." He smirked. We both got in the car, this time I got in the passenger seat. 

"I'm not even tired." He shrugged as he started the car. 

"What am I gonna do with you, Kian Lawley..." I laughed as I shook my head.