Chapter 9

After the fight in the canteen, I asked Noah to drive me to Willow Hill.

It was a hill that overlooked the whole town and you could see for miles.

I sat in the exact spot and looked at the view.

Noah sat next to me.

"How have I never been up here?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Me and Emma used to sit up here." I said.

I was going to let him in on my biggest secret. It was about time, considering I knew all of his.

"Emma?" He asked.

"My daughter." I said,

We sat in silence for a minute.

"I met Declan when I was twelve, we were best friends, he was trouble, but I didn't care, I loved him to bits. I loved him. We dated until we were sixteen and then I got pregnant. I remember he freaked out but then he was so happy and asked me to marry him."

I paused. I showed him the ring that I had on my finger. It was beautiful and I remember he had saved up every last penny he could to buy it.

"I said yes, obviously, I loved him with all of my heart. My parents completely flipped when told them I was pregnant. My Mum was a drug dealer and suicidal and my Dad was in gangs and was wanted by police. They said a child would cause trouble for them. So I lived with Declan's family for a while. It was great, his Mum was so sweet and his sister Jessica was my best friend. I miss her. I went through with the pregnancy and gave birth to Emma. She was my world. I didn't know I could love someone so much. She was so fragile in my arms and I already knew her. She was my daughter."

Tears began slowly running down my face.

Noah sat closer to me and put his arm around me.

"She grew up, when she turned two, she could already speak full sentences, run around full speed and had anyone in tears, with laughter. She was the spitting image of me, just blonde. She had the most adorable giggle and everyone loved her. She was sassy and funny and amazing. She called herself so many different nicknames, Ariel, Jazzy, EJ, Emmie was her main nickname though."

I took a deep breath. I haven't said this out loud to anyone.

"My Mum also realised this. She decided that I didn't deserve happiness and she decided to take Emmie away from me. She earned my trust back and this meant I trusted her to bring Emmie from school to home."  I said. "This is where me and Emmie would sit with picnics. We would talk about everything and everyone. We would make up stories and this is where I spread her ashes."

My phone started ringing. It was Max. I hung up on him.

"My Mum drove into the river with Emmie in the backseat, what's worse is that she seat belted Emmie in, put the child lock on the door and locked the car, so Emmie had no chance to escape. She also got out of the car and recorded Emmie's screams and sent them to me."

"Declan and his family couldn't cope. Declan committed suicide and his family moved down to the coast. I miss Jessica and her Mum so much."

Noah hugged me tight.

"And after that I got sent to a boarding school in London where they were super strict about everything and I got badly bullied for a year. I managed to convince my uncle Duke to pick me up and get me out of that hell hole. Ever since, Max has been super protective and all my brothers worry about me. Yes, Duke hits me, but it's either the diner or the boarding school in London. Both my parents are rotting in jail for life and thank God." I said.

"Thank you for telling me." Noah said, quietly and wiping my eyes.

"And that's why I get so angry when I think of what Niomi did to Maisie. She knew about Emmie. She knew everything that happened. She got a choice to leave her child or not. I didn't. My beautiful baby girl was taken from me." I said, emotionless. I had no tears left to cry.

"And being with you made me feel emotions again." I said, carefully.

"Good emotions." I muttered.

"And you reminded me what it was like to like a girl and to be completely myself."

I looked at him to see if there was any sign of him joking or not being serious. There wasn't any.

He had yellow, green brown eyes, and they are beautiful.

He leaned in and kissed me.

I kissed back with everything I had left.

We pulled away and he looked like he had an idea.

"Why don't we go and visit Jessica."