Chapter 16

Noah's POV

We walked out of the cinema. Astrid had a huge smile on her face, she looked so happy, which made me happy.

A black Mercedes, drove full speed down the road we were about to cross, we stopped to cross, but it swerved onto the pavement and hit Astrid.

She went flying, like they exaggerate in movies. She landed on the road a few meters down the road on her face. It was a blur, the Mercedes sped off not even stopping to check if Astrid was alright.

She got taken away to hospital, she looked lifeless.

Broken nose, three ribs, leg and fractured skull. But she was alive. The guy driving the Mercedes got caught on CCTV and arrested.

It's been a week, I haven't been able to drag myself away. I haven't left the hospital and I'm still in the same clothes from our date.

Everything that happened brought back so many memories.

A day later, Mum and Cassidy walked into the hospital room and sat on the other side of the bed. They both looked sober, washed and well dressed. Cassie had let her roots grow out and got rid off the black.

"What are you doing, here?" I snapped.

"Rose called. Said your girlfriend was in hospital. Didn't even know you had a girlfriend. She's hot as." Cassie said.

"Shh." Mum said, cutting her off. "We came to see if you were alright."

"I'm fine." I said, rolling my eyes.

"What's her name?" Mum asked.

"Astrid."

"Pretty name, she's so pretty, Noah." Mum smiled.

I rolled my eyes. She had no idea.

"Is Astrid who you live with now?" Cassidy asked.

"Yeah."

"Can I see Maisie?" Cassidy asked.

"Rose and Maisie are in the café, downstairs, go find them,"

Cassidy left the room.

Mum looked at me sadly.

"Can you come home, Noah?" She finally managed to say.

"Why, have you finally run out of clean clothes and dishes? Are you tired of living in a dump because no-one is there to tidy it?" I snapped.

"Me and Cassidy cleaned up our acts. I've been saving for the past three years, we moved to a safe neighbourhood apartment. We've stopped drinking alcohol and share chores. We've changed, can't you tell by our appearances? Please Noah, I want you back." She said.

"I just moved into a flat with Astrid. I love it there, I'm not leaving her." I replied.

She sighed.

"Okay. But visit." She replied.

"Fine." I replied.

"I'll move in." Rose said, walking through the curtain.

"What?" Mum and I exclaimed.

"I don't think it's fair that you and Astrid have to look after me, your teenagers and you deserve to have a life." She said.

She couldn't be persuaded. She made her mind up she was moving into their flat. Turns out it is only a five minute walk to Mum's new flat. So she promised she would still care for Maisie when needed.

The next day, Orlando, Chad, Austin, Freddie, Me and Max and then Connor walked into the hospital room.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME!" Orlando said, slapping me around the face.

"Sorry." I muttered.

I spent the next hour answering questions and explaining what happened. Connor started crying when Astrid couldn't return his hug and say thank you for the card he made her.

They decided to take Connor home. Orlando said he was staying.

We sat in silence.

"We lost a brother due to a car accident." Orlando said.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be, when I heard she got hit by a car I flipped. His name was Blake, he was my twin. We were playing chicken on the motorway. He tripped and got hit by a car. Died instantly." Orlando said, frowning. "Astrid wasn't even alive, that's how young he was. He never got to grow up." He started crying, quietly.

"I lost my twin, Kennedy from a car accident." I replied.

Orlando looked at me.

"Hit and run?" He asked.

"No." I replied.

"Did they catch the guy?" He replied.

I nodded.

"Was it a drunk driver?"

"Yeah, I was very drunk."

Orlando looked at me. Swore, then apologized.

It brought us closer.

Orlando hugged me, then said he had to go and check everyone was okay.

I looked at Astrid.

I could not loose her as well.