Chapter 13

Unknown POV

I had finally found their granddaughter. It had taken years of searching and pain but I found her.

She seemed to sense something was off because she started whimpering. I would have thought the fact I was the image of her mother would have silenced her when I held her but it didn't work.

I drove and drove. Astrid had left her phone in the car. When I stopped at the gas station I opened it. It was full of pictures of Maisie and Noah and her brothers. There was one picture of me and her at the end. It was from when we were twelve at a party. We looked hideous but we were so close back then.

I didn't know how to parent. I sat and watched in facination at the baby. I hadn't seen one before. Her tiny hands and feet kicking. She made alot of shrieking noises. I put a blanket over her to try and warm her up. I didn't know how to look after babies. I had never seen them or known they had existed until this mission.

A week later the babies shrieking must have caused someone to call the police.

Police men arrived at the flat. And Noah, Jessica and Astrid arrived as well.

"Don't attack the police." I heard a voice in my ear. I nodded and let them handcuff me.

Noah picked Maisie up and hugged her tight sobbing his eyes out.

I watched them hug and embrace and cry as I was pushed into the back of a police car.

I wonder what it's like to be loved like that.