Chapter 12

"WHERE IS MAISIE?!" Noah shouted at the officer.

We were sat in a office with four police officers.

It had been two hours. The longest two hours of my life.

"Sir, please calm down. We are doing everything we can to find your daughter." He said.

"What are you doing exactly?" He snapped.

"We have a search party looking for your car and Niomi is being searched for."

Noah banged his fist hard on the desk.

"Keep me updated." He snapped.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. We walked out and Noah looked like he was about to cry.

"Son."

Noah's face suddenly became angry. A furious stare that I would never want to receive. It was terrifying.

The person receiving is was a man in his early fifties. He had a business suit on and looked nearly identical to Noah. He had a strong Australian accent and didn't smile.

"Richard." He said. No emotion.

"I'm so sor-"

"Save it. You wanted Maisie out of my life anyway. You were standing for Niomi anyway." Noah began to walk off.

"Yeah. I don't. I want you to come back to Australia with me." He said, simply.

"As if." He snapped.

Noah took my hand and we walked out of the police station.

"Where are we going to go??" I asked.

"If these crappy police officers won't find my baby. I'm going to find her. Whatever it takes." He said. He said it in a tone that almost frightened me.

He started Jessica's car and began to drive.

His expression stayed the same the entire journey.

Absolutely murderous.