Chapter 11

We were sat in Jessica's living room in silence. I was holding Maisie and Noah looked absolutely furious.

"So you didn't actually go to boarding school, you moved here, left me and Noah and everyone else back home, then a year later once we've fallen in love with Maisie you want her back. What the hell, Niomi!" I said, frowning.

She rolled her eyes and pushed her hair over her shoulders.

"I don't want some stupid kid. I just want to take her away from you." Niomi said, smirking wickedly.

Noah stared her straight down. It was the most terrifying glare I've ever seen.

I handed Maisie to Jessica and stood up. I got super close to Niomi so our faces were close.

"If you ever, mess with me, Noah or Maisie again. I will get Duke on you."

I said in my most terrifying voice I could handle. And judging by the look on Noah's face it worked.

She shook it off and laughed.

"What's he gonna do?"

"You want to find out?" I asked. Challenging her.

She gulped.

"I suggest you sit down. Cancel this court date and go home to Daddy."

Niomi pushed me out of her personal space.

She grabs Maisie out of Jessica's arms and runs out the front garden.

I remember she was a sprinter at school so she was quick.

She jumped in Noah's car and drove off before we could have done anything.

Noah punches a wall repeatedly swearing and Jessica runs off to call the police. I've frozen.

Maisie just got taken.