Chapter 15

"And that's the last box." Noah announced.

We brought a flat.

Me, Noah, Maisie, Rose and Rose's Labrador, Sammie, moved into a new flat on the other side of town. I said goodbye to Duke's and the gross diner. All of my brothers moved out and to a flat on the other side of town and live there.

"This is so nice." Rose commented. She looked so much happier and relaxed. She had her hair flowing around her shoulders and the dark circles under her eyes had disappeared. She had clean clothes on and looked completely stress free.

With Noah's savings, my savings and all of Rose's savings and money from the house, we should be fine with money for ages.

We spent the next week, unpacking boxes, painting walls and decorating. Rose took long walks with Maisie to the park, café's and farms, whilst Noah and I studied for finals.

Niomi stayed away, but we couldn't shake off the horrible feeling that she would return, even if she was in prison.

Noah A*

Astrid D-

I groaned in frustration.

Maths.

It was a joke. I didn't understand a word of it.

"Oooo." Noah said, reading my test score.

"Shut up." I muttered, lying on my desk.

"Hey, now the whole Niomi thing has blown over, we can get your grades up." Noah said. I rolled my eyes. I was never going to get maths.

We walked home in silence. It was a comfortable silence.

"Imagine if I never walked into your diner that day." Noah said, randomly.

If he hadn't had walked into that diner there would be no Noah, no Maisie, no Rose, no flat, nothing. I would still have nothing.

I smiled. "I'm glad you did come into my diner."

Noah grinned and took hold of my hand. "Me too."

We got home to see Rose spoon feeding Maisie some type of baby food.

"Oh, Noah, Astrid, someone called, left a message on the recorder."

Noah frowned.

We walked over to the answer machine.

"Hi, Noah and Astrid, I'm Izzie, I work at International Woman's Prison, we are sad to inform you that Niomi passed away this morning, we found her hung in her cell with a bed sheet. If you have any concerns, please contact us. Bye."

Noah looked over at me, then at Maisie, then at Rose and took a huge sigh of relief. Maisie was safe. For good. Niomi was gone and she wasn't coming back.

For a treat, Rose gave us money to go to the cinema and get pizza.

"You've done so much for me already, go out and have some fun. Your meant to be teenagers remember."

 So after a lot of convincing and reassuring that we are living on the safest neighbourhood around, Noah agreed.

We got dressed up and went to the cinema. We brought tickets to see some new comedy movie and sat down with our drinks.

"It's weird actually being a teenager again. Last time I came here was before I had Maisie and with the boys who I can't stand now." Noah said, smiling.

He suddenly swore, moved away from the arm rest, moved the arm rest away, so we could cuddle and watch the film.

I smiled, snuggling into him. "It's weird having money to be able to do this stuff, and not worry about having to save it."

Noah cut me off with a quick kiss.

"Lets be teenagers for once, like Nanna said." Noah said. "Talk to me about money when I'm not on a date with the most amazing person I have ever met."

I kissed him. It was like the first time we kissed, the butterflies never left, I still had to struggle to keep myself together. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he pulled me close.

"I love you," Noah whispered.

I hugged him tight. "I love you, too."

We walked out of the cinema smiling. For once in months I felt completely stress free.

So stress free, that I didn't check what I was doing before crossing the road.

I just heard a yell, a squeak of breaks and Noah's voice shouting my name.

I got hit.

All the air got knocked out of me. I blacked out, if I wasn't in so much pain it would have been peaceful.

I fell on the concrete, scraped my face.

I heard a voice, not sure who's voice it was.

"Stay with me, Astrid," They sounded panicked.

I heard talking, my head was in someone's lap, someone's jacket was on me and someone was muttering in my ear and someone was holding my hand.

"Astrid, you can't leave Maisie, you can't leave your brothers, stay strong and fight for me." They sounded like they were crying. They sounded like they were in so much pain.
"You have to stay with me, Astrid. I can't loose you too."

I heard sirens.

I heard talking.

And the whole time, someone was holding my hand telling me it was going to be ok.