Chapter five

Sarada's POV

Getting up early is nothing but trouble but since for the love of Karate and the desire to defeat Boruto this is nothing to me. I quickly changed into sweatpants, a loose shirt, jacket and slipped into my rubber shoes and headed out of the dorm quietly since it was still 4:30 in the morning.

"God, it's freezing." I huffed out as the cold wind hit me. I carefully closed the door behind me and started to jog towards the nearby park. There was no soul on sight, probably because everyone is still alseep. As soon as I reached the park, it was empty. "Alright let's do this." I said with determination and jogged all over the place.

In the middle of my jog, I suddenly heard a branch crack behind the trees and bushes. "Haha, it's nothing. There's nothing in there, it's probably just a bunny." I said to myself nervously and continued to jog, on my next round I saw a shadow that quickly disappeared.

Beads of sweats started to form in my forehead as my hands started to feel cold. "It's just my imagination." I laughed nervously and continued to jog when I heard footsteps coming near me. Curious, I turned around to look who it is or what it is when a hand suddenly grabbed my arm.

My eyes were wide as saucers, my heartbeat was pounding so fast and so loud and my voice was caught up in my throat. The person who was behind me looked at me apologetically. "God, it was just you Boruto." I sighed as I dropped on the ground since my knees became weak. "I-I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to scare you.." Boruto surprisingly apologized. "What were you doing there anyway?!" I tried to sound mad but my voice was shaking along with my body. "I was out for a jog when I noticed somebody was here, might as well checked who the person is and when I found out it was you I thought we could jog together but I end up scaring you.." Boruto said as he sat in front if me and never letting my arm go.

I breathed heavily and tried to control the shakey feeling off my body but failed miserably. "I'm sorry." And with that he pulled me towards him as I fell on Boruto. He hugged me tightly and rested his head on the crook of my neck. "Wh-what are you doing?! Let me go!" I demanded as I gave all my force left to push him which only made him tighten his embrace even more.

"No, not until you calm down and forgive me." He said. We stayed there for a few minutes no words exchanged, just pure silence. He was stroking the ends of my hair. "Hey, why did you cut you hair? I liked how it used to be before." He asked. "You already know why Boruto, don't play coy." I said against his chest. I felt his body vibrated as he chuckled.

"You're really interesting Sarada." He said. "Whatever get off me." I said and pushed myself up from his grasp and stood up while dusting myself in the process. Boruto stood up as well as dusted himself off. "Listen, Sarada I'm-"

"Oi Kira! There you are!" We turned to look at the person who called me and saw Inojin jogging his way towards wearing a sweatshort, plain white shirt and a jacket. "I-inojin?! What are you doing here?" I asked and began to panic, he might get the wrong idea upon seeing Boruto with me.

"I knocked on your door hoping we could jog together and you didn't respond and when I opened the door you weren't there. I was worried sick and looked everywhere for you!" Inojin exclaimed as he tried to catch his breath. I looked at his clothes and they looked worn out. "I'm sorry." I apologized to him and hang my head in shame.

"Geez Kira, stop making me worry." He said as he ruffled my hair then turned to look at Boruto. "Boruto Uzumaki, I didn't expect to see you here." Inojin said seriously as he held my wirst and pulled me closer to him. Boruto didn't say any word but looked at Inojin, then his eyes travelled down to his hand that was holding me wrist which made him glare.

"Inojin I won't be doing that if I were you." Boruto said glaring at Inojin who returned the same look while I stood there with no idea what the heck was going on. "I heard you hurt Kira? Was that true?" Inojin asked seriously while Boruto stood there seriously, his gaze shifted from Inojin to me and a smirk appeared in his lips. "Yeah, girls are nothing but weaklings. They don't even have the power to process things quickly, how much more dodge a fist." Boruto said which made my blood boil.

"Why you-" but I cut Inojin and threw a straight punch on Boruto's face. "Careful who you label as weak, you might be the one begging on your knees." And with that, I yanked my hand from Inojin's grip and ran back towards the dormitory.

As I was running away from the scene tears began to fall from my eyes while I was holding him back. "Just watch Boruto, I'll prove to you that I'm not a weakling and you'll be facing me soon in the match." I said with determination.

And then it hit me. How did Boruto find out that it was me all along? He didn't knew I had a haircut and dyed my hair brown. I thought but quickly dismissed the idea since I was too distracted by his hurtful words.