Chapter thirteen

Sarada's POV

After cheering for the others on their battles the MC announced my name. "And lastly we have Uchiha Kira from the Leaf Academy and Nara Shikadai from Konoha!" With that the crowd went wild.

"You can do it!" Metal-senpai cheered. "Kick his butt Kira!" Iwabee said "We believe in you!" The others cheered as I smiled at them. "Remember what I taught you." Houki-senpai said and I nodded my head. I was a little disappointed to see that Inojin wasn't there to cheer for me. As I was nearing the mat someone grabbed my hand, I turned to look at the person and found Inojin.

"Inojin where have you been? Why are you so sweaty? What-" but before I could finish my sentence he took my hand and placed something in it. I opened my palm and saw a cute pink little pouch with mini Sakura petals designs in it. "What's-" but Inojin beat me to it. "A good luck charm so you wouldn't be too nervous. I'll be on the first row to cheer for you, I know you can do this." And with that he smiled and walked towards the vacant seat in the front row just as he promised.

"Thank you Inojin.." I whispered softly at his retreating back. I gripped the charm he had given me and placed it inside my pocket. I turned to look at the person who was already in the center of the mat. His black spikey hair tied up in a neat ponytail, his eyes looked determined and his lips pressed into a thin line. As soon as I stepped in the mat, I walked towards the center and we both bowed at each other then walked a little bit further to give a distance.

With the referee's signal we got into action. Shikadai was the first one to throw a punch which I luckily dodged. Damn he's quick! I kept dodging his attacks while trying to find an opening. Crap! I kept dodging his attacks for the past 2 minutes till I found an opening. That was when I started throwing attacks at him which he dodged swiftly. "You're better than I thought." He spoke. "You took the words right out of my mouth." I replied as I kept throwing punches at the opening spots I see but he would quickly dodge it.

10 minutes went by and not a single hit was scored. I was too busy looking for openings when I didn't notice his punch came out of nowhere which hit me right in the mouth, I nearly passed out by that punch as I dropped on the ground and felt a nasty liquid in my mouth. "3 points for Konoha and 0 for Leaf." The MC announced. The fight was way too intense. I wiped the blood from my mouth with my sleeve and got up. "Lets call it a win for Kono-" but Shikadai interupted the referee. "I believe that he didn't gave his best yet, the fight isn't over till I said so." He said and got into fighting position. I nodded my head at him and got into fighting position as well.

"KIRA DON'T LET ME DOWN! REMEMBER WE HAVE A GOAL TOGETHER!" A voice whom I'm really familiar with shouted. I turned to look at Inojin who was gripping the rails and shot me one of his rarest smiles. "GO KIRA-BABY YOU CAN DO IT!" Metal-senpai shouted as well as the others followed and not too long almost all of the school participating in the event except for Konoha was cheering for me. With one blow from the whistle of the referee, I began to run towards Shikadai at a fast pace and quickly threw punches at him.

I threw a punch on his stomach which he quickly dodged and I noticed that his feet was about to lift to give me a kick so I fasten my pace and run housed him which hit him and made me earn more points than him. After a few punches and kicks here and there we both panted as beads of sweats rolled down from our foreheads. "Better than expected." Shikadai said and gave me a thumbs. He turned his attention to the referee who looked in awe on the fight. "I give up." With that everyone was shocked.

"WHAT?!" Everyone asked in unison while I stood there with my mouth hanged open. "Look, I can't go any further. I already drained my chakra and if I'd go on with this fight I might as well collapse and I don't want that." Shikadai said in a bored tone and walked towards where his team was. "And the winner for this fight is Uchiha Kira!" The MC announced and everyone cheered. Inojin suddenly appeared before me and carried me over his shoulders as the others followed. "GOOD JOB KIRA-BABY!" Metal-senpai said happily which earned him a whack in the head by Houki-senpai. He turned to look at me and nodded his head as I returned them a grateful smile. In my peripheral vision I saw a blonde hair walking towards the exit and that's when I saw it was Uzumaki.

What was he doing here? I thought he wouldn't be competing? Is he here to see the opponents he will be facing soon? Dozens of questions where running in my head and I don't know which is the real reason why he's here when he could go and train. "I knew you could do it!" Inojin said breaking my thoughts. "Well thanks to you and the others who cheered for me." I beamed at him which caused him to blush. Such a cutie. I thought as I smiled at him.

Boruto's POV

"You were great out there Shikadai." Mitsuki said as Shikadai neared us. "Ii underestimated that girl, she's a lot tougher than she looks." Shikadai said which earned my attention. "What did you say?" I asked. "You mean you thought I was as dumb as the other people in here to not notice that the person I was fighting was a girl?" Shikadai said in a bored tone and scratched the back of his head.

"So you lost on purpose?" I asked getting irritated by the second. "Before you go all king kong on me let me remind you I gave out everything out there and even gave her a hard time, I punched the hell out of her which she nearly passed out. Kami knows how my mom would beat me into a pulp if ever she finds out that I hit a girl." Shikadai said with a sigh.

I turned towards the exit and decided to go on a jog to refresh my mind. The longer I jog the further I was. The image of Sarada in the shoulder of some other guy ranged the hell out of me. "Fuck." I cursed as I punched the tree next to me which made a hole and my hands started to bleed. The pain I was feeling on my hand is nothing compared to the feeling I felt as seeing her smile at that Yamanaka guy.

"I'll bring him down and have you mine even if it's the last thing I'll ever do." I said angrily and sat on the ground.