Chapter eight

Inojin's POV

It's been a month since school started and I gotta say Sarada- I mean, Kira happened to be the most popular person in the campus due to her looks. She always have that feminine aura around her despite of acting like a boy. Now, I'm sitting at my desk on the back beside the window and stared at Kira whose being flocked by hungry wolves who claims to be gay or wouldn't mind to be one as long as he'll date him.

"Pests." I muttered. "Oi! Come now Inojin-san, don't you think Kira-kun is cute?" A classmate of mine asked out of the blue and sat next to me as he stared at Kira lovingly, I wanted to wipe that look right here and right now but I need to control my temper. "That guy? Please, he's just a-" before I could finish my sentence Kira turned to look at me and smiled cheekily. Which made my insides flutter and my facr heat up. Okay, what was that?

I shot her an annoyed look and tried the best as I can to pull it off when she happily skipped his way over my desk. "Do you wanna eat lunch with me? I'm kinda hungry." She said looking down at her stomach.

"Kira-kun is hungry! Here have my bento!"
"You can have my latest meal of the day! Fried chicken with mashed potato and garlic rice!"
"Have my apple!"
"Here's a whole watermelon!"
"Here's a pack of deluxe sushi!"

The guys in the room offered as they bowed down and handed Kira their food. "Waaaah! Thank you so much!" She said happily and gadly accept their offers. I sweatdropped at this. She was having a hard time carrying everything so the guys end up carrying their own offering towards the cafeteria where Kira and I are gonna have our lunch. "Let's share Inojin!" Kira said happily as we settled down at an empty table. "N-no, I'm good I'll go buy my own." I said standing up.

"We don't mind you eating our offering too Yamanaka-kun! You and Kira-kun are our idols and we respect you!" The guys said in unison. "What the hell.." I muttered in utter silence. "Thanks." I said and shot them a smile. "He smiled.. Yamanaka-kun smiled.." they said in unison and looked like they're about to go to heaven, God forbid they could enter tho.

After that little scene, they hurriedly went away to give us privacy. I stared at the food in the table. "Are you guys having a feast?" Denki asked out of the blue as he and the others appeared right in front of us. "Yeah, talk about how big this watermelon is." Houki-senpai said in a matter of fact tone and poking it as it rolled over to the other side and poking it again for it to roll back to the opposite side.

"They guys were generous enough to share their food!" Kira said happily as she stuffed one food over the other in her mouth. "Slow down, no one's gonna take this away." I said as I wiped the side of her lip that has a rice sticking. "Thank you Inojin!" She said gratefully and focused back on eating her food which made me stop and smile at her.

"Someone's gay for Kira." Kenki whistled which made me blush furiously. "The heck?! I'm not gay for him!" I defended myself. He's a she not a he! And I don't have any feelings for him or her! I thought. "Anyway, since we're here. I'd like to tell you that next week will be the ranking so you have to train hard and the week after that will be the tournaments." Houki-senpai said calmly as he set his lunch tray on the table as the others followed.

"Tournament? That quick?" I asked focusing on the topic. "Yeah since the Leaf and Konoha Academy are the biggest school rivals we might as well show them whose the boss." Metal-senpai said and started to eat his lunch. I looked at Kira and noticed that she stopped eating her food and was in deep thought. "Kira?" I asked but she didn't respond. "Kira." I shook her, she looked at me and smiled weakly.

"Everything okay Kira?" Houki-senpai asked as he looked at us. "Houki-senpai about the Konoha Academy.." she said. "What about them?" He asked. "Who is their strongest player?" She asked making everyone in the table stopped what they were doing and focused on the topic being discussed by the two.