Chapter eighteen

Inojin's POV

I was in the middle of looking for Kira in the crowded Dojo when somebody called out my name. "Inojin!" I turned to look at the person and found Kira making her way towards me. "Kira! Where the hell have you been?! What-" then my eyes caught on what she was wearing- the Konoha's Karate Club jacket. My heart clenched in pain.

"I'm sorry for worrying you guys! I just went for a jog and then-" but I cut her off. "It's fine as long as you're here and you're alright then everything is fine. Houki-senpai already claimed your awards, go get ready. I'll be waiting in the bus." I faked a smile, hoping she wouldn't notice it. "Okay!" She said cheerfully and walked away.

"Yamanaka have you seen Kira? We've been looking for him all these-" Iwabee stopped his sentence and looked at me worriedly. "You okay? You look pale." He asked. "I'm fine, I'm just gonna go to the bus. Tell everyone I already found Kira and he's changing, we'll meet him in the bus." I lied and walked away, making my way to the bus.

As soon as I settled in the last column of the bus, I let out a huge sigh. "You okay?" Houki-senpai asked as he sat next to me. "Yeah, I just-" but before I could finish my sentence Houki-senpai cut me off. "Hurt?" He deadpanned. I looked at him trying to hide my shocked expression. "N-no, why w-would I?" I asked nervously. Damn this guy's harp.

"You're stuttering." He pointed out. "And you're getting nervous all of the sudden." Shinki butt in. What's wrong with these people. I thought. "I'm fine, just tired." I lied smoothly. Houki-senpai looked at me blankly while Shinki shrugged. "Whatever you say." He said and went to settle on the 2nd column of the bus. "Is everyone here?" Metal-senpai asked out loud.

"No, Kira isn't here." Houki-senpai answered him. "I'm here! Sorry for being late." Kira suddenly came into view as she wiped the beads of sweat forming in her forehead. "Oh Kira, there you are. Please sit down, we're about to leave." Metal-senpai said giving her a smile. "Yes." She said returning the gesture. Her eyes scanned the crowd till they landed at me.

"Inojin! Let's-" but she stopped her sentence as she looked over at Houki-senpai who sat next to me. "I'll talk to you later." Houki-senpai said as he stood up and held the railings as he made his way towards the seat next to Denki. Kira made her way towards me slowly as the bus was already moving.

"Hey." She greeted as she sat next to me. "Hey beautiful." I greeted back. It was true tho, she was glowing more than she already is. A blush tinted Kira's cheeks as she hit my arm. "Am not." She denied, I gave her a small smile and diverted my attention out the window. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked. I looked at her and suddenly our face were merely inches apart, I moved back a little and faked a smile. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I said and looked out the window once again.

"Be..." I turned to look at her. "You said something?" I asked. "N-no." She smiled and I looked out the window once more.

Sarada's POV

Something isn't right. Inojin isn't in the mood lately and he had bags under his eyes. There was something wrong and I wanted to know but he would only give me a short response. Maybe e misses his family  or girlfriend back in their place. I sighed defeatedly. "Hey Inojin.." I called him out softly but he didn't budge. Is he ignoring me? Let me try it again.

"Hey.. Inojin.." I called him out softly again since everyone in the bus is asleep aside from the driver and I saw Inojin shifting his position so he probably isn't asleep. I slowly poked his shoulder but he didn't even dare to look at me. He's probably mad at me for disappearing like that. I thought sadly. "Inojin." I looked over him and saw that he was fast asleep so I carefully shifted his position for him to have a comfortable position.

Inojin's head is now resting on my shoulder. I studied his face and smiled. His long, thick lashes are beautiful, his perfect nose and his lips were slightly apart as he snored softly but his eyes caught my attention. Dark bugs circled his eyes. He's probably too tired since he didn't get enough sleep the past days due to the match and for looking for me and there I was spending my time with Boruto while he spends his sleepless nights looking for me. I sighed as guilt began to eat me.

"Da..." I looked over at the sleeping figure of Inojin. "Is there something wrong?" I asked softly. His hand held mine tightly as his face crumble in his slumber. "You must be having a bad dream but don't worry, I'm here. Everything will be alright." I cooed softly. "Don't... le.. ave.." he spoke softly. I rubbed my thumb on his hand. "Sara... da.. I.. love.. you.." I stopped rubbing circles on his hand as I stiffen.

Inojin confessed to me once again. I was about to wake him up when a voice stopped me from doing so. "Don't." I looked over at the person who said that and saw Houki-senpai leaning on the rail. "Let him sleep since he didn't get much of it." He said as he crossed his arms over his chest. "B-but he's.." I tried to reason out but Houki-senpai held his hand out telling me to keep quiet.

"You know, the night you disappeared. Inojin went out looking everywhere for you, the others tried to hold him off but he wouldn't stop. I even threatened to drop his rank and you know what he said?" Houki-senpai looked at me dead serious in the eye. "He told me that his rank doesn't matter as long as he knows that you are safe." Houki-senpai said. I looked over at the sleeping figure of Inojin as pain and guilt was eating me. "Even in his sleep, just let him tell you that he loves you." With that Houki-senpai walked away.

I looked over at the sleeping figure of Inojin and hugged him close to me. "I'm sorry Inojin.. I'm sorry.." I cried softly. I suddenly felt someone rubbing circles on my back. "It's okay Sarada, whatever you did I'm just glad you're safe." Then I realized Inojin was up. I tried to stop the tears from falling but failed miserably. "I'm sorry for being so selfish, I'm sorry for leaving you like that in the middle of your confession, I'm sorry for giving it all to Boruto, I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.." I confessed, I thought he was gonna push me aside but what he did next shocked me.

He held me in his arms tightly and burried his face in the crook of me neck. "Even after everything, I still love you Sarada." Inojin said which made the butterfles inside my stomach flutter.