Chapter Four

"What about him?" Pete asked.

"We must get rid of him," I commented.

Heneretta shot me a questioning look, "He said that he was in this time.  You've hardly given him a chance."

"You obviously didn't see him in that math class.  Trying.  Talking to that want to be Brittany," I instantly replied. 

"He's going to need time to adjust," Henrietta insisted. 

"You didn't see the way he looked at her," I mumbled.

Pete seemed oddly quiet on the situation.  He just sat there taking another puff of his cigarette, which was strange.  He always had a side, and it was normally Henrietta's.  He usually never held himself back like this.  He loved the opportunity to disagree and support her.  I swear he did it for fun.  Maybe for one he had agreed with me, but still seemed weird that he'd be so quiet.

"Pete, how are you feeling about it?" I finally asked.

Pete just shook his head and took another drag.

Real specific.  Thank you for your input.

Raven came rushing back out, "Told coach, and he is not happy.  He was all like why are you dressed like a fag, and I was like coach this is what happens when you look past your bull shit sports and life and see what everything is really about.  Pain and misery."

He grinned like he should receive a cookie.  No Stan Marsh aka was not in any real pain.  He could have been but not right now, and I think she is the reason why.   He is too binded by her pretty fucking face to see that beyond that- her- life is pain.  It will only hurt him and horribly at that. 

Henrietta flicked off her cigarette and looked up, "That was my last one.  I'm going to go get some coffee and another pack.  Anyone coming with?"

"I need to stock up," Raven commented.

"I think I'm going to stay here," Pete replied.

What was going on with him?

"Me too, but you guys go," I agreed.

Henrietta shrugged and left with Raven. 

"So what's going on with you? I know you have an opinion on this Raven thing," I said instantly after they left.

He spent his time staring at the ground and finally looked up, "You talk of a look Raven gives the new girl in math, and I agree.  But I saw you look at her too, and I saw that also.  The same look."