Chapter Ten

A week had passed since I'd seen Michael.  He was dong goth things with his friends, and I was with mine.  Michael hadn't looked my way let alone reached out to me, but I didn't worry too much.  After that night that he had kissed me the second time, my feelings about him were confirmed.  There was something there between us and there was no denying it to ourselves- but as far as everyone else was concerned, we hated each other. 

*Michael's P.O.V.*

Things went back to normal for the most part.  No one talked of my emotionally outburst or brought (Y/N) up again. We were fine, or so I thought.  But, it was brought back up at some point, by the idiot himself, Raven.

"So, Michael, did you work everything out with (Y/N)?" he asked.

Pete and Heneretta both looked to me with curiosity. 

I furrowed my brow his direction, "I haven't seen (Y/N) since I told her to disappear off the planet."

"Well, I just didn't know since she came back..." Raven trailed off.

Now Pete and Henrietta's eyes widened.

I didn't stutter, though, "I didn't even know she came back.  I left right after you all did."

"Where did you go?" Raven asked.

"That's none of your damn business," I snarled with enough poison in my voice for everyone to leave the subject alone for now. 

Everyone turned back to their own business, but I could still feel the suspicion in the air. 

Idiot, you should've came up with a bull shit exscuse like home or the cemetary-

My thoughts were interrupted by the principal abruptly opening the door. 

"I thought I told you damn kids you can't keep hanging out here and you have to go to class," he scolded.

We didn't go through the usual routine where Pete and I argue with him about how pointless the school system is but not today. Heneretta was the first to get up and go into the school, Pete followed, and Raven came. It seemed to shock the principal, especially when I joined their train of obedience. I knew no one was in the mood to argue with him. No one was in the mood to do anything around me. They didn't trust me anymore. 

I have to talk to (Y/N).

We all made our way to our designated class when I slipped out to slip a note into her locker.

Meet me in the back booth of the late night cafe at 11:00 tonight ~Michael.