Chapter Sixteen

*Your P.O.V.*

It was late, or maybe, it was early. All I know was that I was being woken up at an ungodly hour in the middle of the night. There was repetitive thuds against my window, but before I checked into that, I looked at my phone, which read 3:46. There was also four miss calls from Michael, who is better known as That Cute Goth Boy in my phone. I still hadn't changed in since Kyle and I started dating.

I swear to God if that idiot is outside of my house right now...

I continued to curse the boy's name as I opened the curtains, and behold, there was Michael, looking cold and sleep deprived. 

"What are you doing here?" I whispered/yelled.

"(Y/N), I really need to talk to you," he called back, his voice shaky.

"Michael, do you have any idea what time it is? My parents might wake up," I growled back, still keeping my voice in a whisper. 

"Please," he begged, choking on his words."

I couldn't tell him no, and he knew that. "I'll be down in a minute."

I spilled on some pants and let him in through the patio door.

"We should go to the basement. There is less of a chance that my parents will hear us down there," I suggested.

I showed him down there, and I had to plan this conversation out with him. I didn't know what to expect, but I did know that I couldn't keep getting hurt- no matter what it took now, my own emotional health came before anything, and Kyle was safe for my mental sanity.

"What in God's name do you want?" I growled.

"(Y/N), it's become all too real. You're too real. I think your the realist thing I've ever seen in my life. You aren't an everyday conformists. You can't be. No conformists would ever catch my attention like you did. (Y/N), please?" he begged.

I didn't know what to do, but I knew there was only one thing to do.

"I need you to leave," I sternly said. "I'm happy."

"With what? That Justin wannabe? You can't be happy with that," He argued.

"No I am happy. I'm very happy with a guy who doesn't play with my feelings. I'm very happy with a guy who is happy to see me in public. I'm very happy with a guy who will talk about me with his friends. I'm extremely happy now that I no longer think about you," I spat, tears forming in my eyes. 

"(Y/N)..."

"Leave," I said with more confidence. 

His brown eyes closed slowly and reopened, "Okay."

His tall figure walked past me, and he went upstairs and back out the door he first came from. Leaving me leaning against the wall, alone. Barely able to breath through the tears that began to pour out.

This was your last shot, and you wasted it. Stop lying to yourself (Y/N).