Part 6~ More Psychic powers

Vik's PoV
I've been sitting in the seat that was outside of the room that I learned levitate from, and there are a few guards trotting around the narrow corridor, looking rather bored. I was levitating the seat next to me, juggling a bit with it. "THE NEXT ONE COME IN!" A voice boomed out of the room, which made me cover my ears (Yes I do have ears, you just can't see it) and drop the seat by accident. I put back the seat in its original place, and walked in.
"Hello Vikram, welcome back for your next test." "I would prefer you to call me Vik, but it's fine anyways." I mumble, annoyed the fact that I need to say this everytime when I meet someone new. "Nah, I prefer to call you dragon." He smirked, and continued "So, you will be learning mind reading. I'll be thinking a sentence in my mind, and if you see it, tell me."
So he sat there, looking at the god damn wall that was at the left of me, and I can tell he was in deep thoughts right now.
Well if it was almost the same as last time, I would say it in my mind right? I gave it a try, without thinking. I stared at him, said "Mind read" in my mind, and I felt like I was accessed into another world. There were thoughts like "This job is boring af" "What should I say anyways" and "Holy god are you reading my mind right now?!" Wait what? I blinked my eyes a few times, and my mind returned to normal thoughts. That was weird...
"Damn you are a quick learner! I was even about to give you hints on what to do, but never mind that then." He said, impressed.
"Since this is not an important part, I'll skip right to the next part of your powers." "What is it?" I asked, extremely curious. "It's psychic shield and laser beams." He replied plainly. "Seriously?!" I exclaimed, extremely pumped. I've only heard of such in video games, and never in my life thought that it can be happening in real life. "Yes, and this time, you must take my instructions, since I don't want you to destroy this room." He stopped, gave me a serious look and continued. "Now, let's start with the psychic shield. It'll protect you from all angles and reflects magic attacks. Snap your fingers twice and do a cross with your front arms. You will see a light purple shield/ barrier in front of you." He explains, with me looking at him with no trust, but I followed it still.
I snapped my fingers twice, and stood on two with my front arms crossed, right after I can see a barely visible light purple shield in front of my chest. My necklace was glowing purple, which I think meant that I was using my powers. "Good. Now try to reflect these." He said, walking a few steps to the left, showing a machine that shoots fireballs. By now I'm not surprised that they got such machines. My shield was still out and I was staring intensely at the machine, and fireballs came flying my way when a "Beep" sound was heard. A wave of them was sent flying in my direction, and I moved my front arms accurately to their landing places, sending them flying back. I saw the German shepherd shooting water beams from its paws, extinguishing the reflected fireballs. Three more came flying in, and I did a backflip and still successfully reflected them, with a wobble on the landing.
"Practice more on your tricks dragon," He stopped to extinguish the reflected fireballs that was about to burn the wall, "And you'll be pro on the shield. Now let's go onto the laser beams." I hopped around slightly, unable to hold my excitement, and nodded my head to tell him to continue.
"So, you'll be shooting laser beams out of your palms. Hold out your palm, and say "Shoot laser" in your mind, then either a beam or a few tiny beams will come shooting out." He stopped to make a water shield, that was shaped like a box to hold the beams I'm shooting I think, and then looked at me "Shoot here so that you won't damage the room." He said, then gave me a look to start the lasers.
I followed his instructions, and hold out my palm to the water box thingy, said "Shoot laser" in my mind, and all of a sudden a huge beam of laser was shot inside the box, and it was absolute mayhem afterwards. Some of it got absorbed by the water box, some I reflected with my psychic shield that I just whipped out, and the German shepherd finished the rest off with more water shields.
"Damn that was a lot more powerful than I expected..." He whispers to himself, turning back to half form. "Great power there dragon, but you seriously need to train more, because I won't want you to kill anyone accidentally. Good evening, dragon. I'll see you tomorrow." He finished off by opening the door, telling me that I can leave.
"Guards! Bring him back to the cell!" He shouted once a was out of the room. A guard came in and put a leash on my collar like last time, and I automatically followed his lead while flying.
Lachlan's PoV
It's been a hour or so since Vik left and I'm starting to get bored. I've also found out a new ability that I can do, while I was flapping my wings cleaning the dust on them, I made a tiny hurricane swiftly flying around knocking down my pillow on my bed, and it disappeared after a minute or two. I got to admit that I was amazed by its flying abilities though, since I would've banged into something if I flew like that.
Right after that thought, the cell door was unlocked, and made a squeaky sound which hurt my ears just a bit. I turned to the door and saw Vik walking back in, looking extremely tired. Well he's going to explain what he found out about his abilities anyways.

Hey there guys, Flame here, and I'm sorry for the short chapter, since I was thinking about changing the plot currently, so I think the next chapter will be published a bit later than normal. You readers have any feedbacks? I'll love to read them. Till then, fire on!