Chapter 4: James Family Returns

Note: I am still freaking out over this chapter! It is cute and adorable and I love them, and now it's making me sad.

Hopefully you feel the same way, except in a good way.

Also, I fully apologize for not being able to update this story regularly. I am graduating in just  three weeks and there is still A LOT left to do before that can happen. 

While you wait for Codie and I to be able to write another chapter, enjoy!

Chapter 4: James Family Returns

Daisy counted the hours until school got out so she could go home and see if Brandon was back yet. Her math teacher had to call her name twice in class because he caught her not paying attention. Her science teacher did the same thing, but she did not care. She ran with her bag for the school doors when the final bell rang, but was upset when she heard Laura calling her name.

            "Where are you going so fast?" Laura asked, "Do you want to walk with me?"

            "Sure," Daisy answered, "But we have to hurry."

            "Why?" she asked.

            "Brandon's coming home today," Daisy said, surprisingly relieved when she realized she did not have to come up with a lie this time. Laura knew.

            "Have you heard from him?"

            Daisy nodded. "He sent me a letter. Troy gave it to me. He said we could meet up as soon as he got home."

            "Then we better get going."

            Laura still held reservations about Daisy spending so much time with Brandon. She also knew, however, that she knew far less about Brandon than Daisy did. Daisy lived next to him and talked to him daily. Laura knew she did not have a right to start lecturing Daisy about what a bad influence Brandon was. Dennis seemed to do enough of that when Daisy was at home. She kept Daisy talking on the way home instead, and she saw a new side to her. Daisy kept so much from her before, but now that she revealed the truth she acted carefree. She talked nonstop as they walked. Memories flowed out of Daisy's mouth as the remembered them in anticipation of seeing Brandon again. Her face lit up and she laughed as she told Laura about some of the poems Brandon wrote and her failed attempts at trying to write poems back. She never knew Daisy to act that way. Part of Laura had hoped the feelings Daisy mentioned were a joke, or temporary at least, but seeing Daisy talking now she knew they were real. Whoever Brandon James truly was, Daisy had a strong connection to him.

            Daisy hardly believed herself how much she told Laura about Brandon on their walk to her house. She loved that Laura listened and continued walking with her instead of interrupting or criticizing her. Daisy stopped suddenly when they reached the end of their driveway.

            "They're home!" Daisy exclaimed, pointing to the James' family car. "Do you see that?"

            Laura laughed. "Yes, I see it. Have fun tonight, okay?"

            "I will," Daisy smiled. "Thanks for listening."

            "I am your best friend, after all."

            Setting her bag on her bed in her room, Daisy walked right back outside. She walked around the house and smiled widely to herself when she saw a note stuck to the tree. Her parents did not seem to be home yet, so she quickly took the note and ran for the barn.

            "Brandon?" Daisy called as she closed the barn door.

            "I'm here," She heard his voice.