Chapter 11: I'm Done

Note: Chapter 11 is here! I hope you are enjoying the story as much as Codie and are enjoying writing it. 

Tension is building in the town of Lakewood, and they will not be able to handle it much longer. (And there are not many chapters left)

Enjoy!

Chapter 11: I'm Done

Daisy forced herself to go back to school, but those around her could tell she did not feel like herself. Laura tried to cheer her up, and she distracted her when she could. Laura went as far as giving her answers to some of her assignments so Daisy did not fail them and giving Daisy her notes to copy after school.

Daisy took the notes straight home. She spread her homework across the kitchen table. She had a lot of work to do if she wanted to catch up. Between her problems with Kevin and her problems with Brandon, she fell farther behind than she ever expected to. If she did not catch up soon, her dad would ground her again and never let her off the hook.

She went through the homework subject by subject. She quickly caught up on science, it was her favorite subject after all. To her surprise, she ended up ahead in homework. Moving to math next, she also got ahead in homework for that class. When Christine got home at five, Daisy had caught up in every subject except English. She still had to finish reading the book she decided to write her report on.

Christine walked in and went straight to the stove to heat water for tea.

"How is the homework?" She asked Daisy.

"Good," Daisy told her, "I just have a little work left to do for English. How was work?"

"Busy as always," she said. "How was school? How is Laura?"

"She's good, too. School was boring, but I loved science class."

Christine laughed. "That sounds like you. Is Kevin still doing okay? I saw that he came to visit you yesterday."

Daisy nodded. "Kevin is good, too. He just came to check up on me."

"Does this mean you are feeling better?"

"I guess," Daisy lied. "I still don't feel 100 percent, though."

"No, but hopefully this means you will not be getting any worse."

Dennis came home while Christine and Daisy sat at the table drinking tea. Daisy was grateful her mother stopped asking so many questions. She was also grateful Christine made tea, which was now successfully settling her stomach. Dennis walked to the kitchen and began asking Daisy questions; the same questions he always asked when he got home. What she was doing, how her grades were doing, how Kevin was treating her, and whether she talked to Brandon recently.

Daisy denied every question and moved her homework to her room, but her focus was gone. She put her work back in her backpack. She went to the window to see if she could see what Brandon was doing. His mask hung in his bedroom window. Daisy smiled. The mask looked slightly horrifying. She did not understand how that became Brandon's favorite mask. It was the only mask he wore anymore, and he wore it every day when he walked to work.

Brandon appeared in the window and looked at Daisy's room first the way he always did. He grinned when he saw Daisy already looked. He waved and pointed to the tree. He left her a note. She nodded and watched as he put on his sweatshirt and his mask. When she knew he was gone, she went to their tree in the backyard. Stuck to the tree with Brandon's favorite hunting knife was a note.

Daisy, I know your dad has been on your case a lot lately, but I could really use your company. I had another fight with dad. He likes yelling at me when he knows Troy is not home. I'm working until 11. Meet me at the bowling alley?