Chapter 6: Sometimes You Can't be Yourself

Note: Chapter 6 is here! Codie and I have been working hard on planning out the rest of the story. So hopefully updates will start to be a regular thing. I graduated college (yay!) and I don't have a job yet so I have more time to write. 

I hope some of you are enjoying this story! I know it's very different from what many of you imagined after watching MTV Scream, but Codie and I wanted to do something different. Daisy and Brandon were just two of the characters from the series that fascinated us. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share to let us know what you think about the story or what you think might happen! :D 

Shoutout to those who already have. Codie and I were so excited omfg. 

Enjoy!

Chapter 6: Sometimes You Can't be Yourself

"Maggie, this is a bad idea. I don't think you should go through with it."

"Please, Laura?"

"If you answer one question, I will consider it," Laura said.

"What's the question?" Daisy asked.

"Why is it important to you? You're risking a lot to do this. Your family would never forgive you."

Daisy did not need to think before she answered. The answer was simple.

"Brandon is important to me," Daisy told her. "I love him. My dad can't see clearly. He doesn't want me to be myself, and I will do anything to keep seeing Brandon. Please, help me?"

"Only because you're being so honest," Laura replied, "but you have to keep being honest."

"I will. You'll always know the truth."

Laura replied with a question. "What do you need me to do?"

"Dad wants me to date someone else. I have to make more friends and go to school events. I need a date."

"What does Brandon think of this?" she asked.

"I plan on telling him tonight," Daisy explained. "We have a date at the bowling alley. I told dad I'm going to the football game with you."

Laura nodded, "Got it. I'll be at home in my room anyway."

"Thank you!" Daisy hugged Laura. "You're the best friend I have ever had!"

Laura smiled. "I'm only doing it because I can see how happy you are. I still think it's a bad idea."

"Noted," Daisy said, "but still, thank you."

Brandon hated the idea when Daisy told him that night. She followed him outside as he paced behind the alley and yelled in frustration. Daisy let him go for a few minutes, understanding the news came as a shock, but after that she had to stop him. She grabbed his arm and when he walked close enough, she wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm sorry," she told him. "It has nothing to do with you. It's because I want to be with you that I thought of this."

"I can't handle you going on dates and kissing other guys! You'll just leave me for him!"

"I would never! Brandon, look at me! This is the only choice I have if we still want to see each other. My dad will not stop until he sees me change. I have to do something. Whoever I start dating, they will not know the real me. They will know the Daisy you and I are going to create."