Chapter 12: Almost Time to Make a Choice

Note: Codie and I are freaking out over the messages we have been getting over this story. Thank you! It's adorable and sweet how so many of you love Daisy and Brandon.

It's also amazing hearing stories about how some of you can relate to the characters. Codie and I wanted to bring more life to Brandon's character than just what we heard in MTV Scream. We always saw Audrey Jensen's point of view as being more true than anything else. Brandon was bullied and misunderstood. They hated him without knowing him. That's why it made sense to us when they revealed that Maggie/Daisy had a "relationship" with him. 

We would love to hear more stories so vote, comment, share, or send us a message if you're enjoying the story! We would love to hear your MTV Scream theories! :) 

Enjoy!

Chapter 12: Almost Time to Make a Choice

Christine started asking Daisy questions as soon as she woke up. Daisy was trying to get to school, but Christine could not handle the way Dennis has been acting lately. Dennis had an anger problem, Christine could admit that, but he was not often wrong. His hate against the James family could have clouded his judgement, but Christine had a bad feeling about the entire situation.

She told Daisy she could not leave without eating breakfast. She proceeding to cook breakfast, making Daisy sit at the table to wait.

"Do you have any plans after school today?" Christine began the questions.

Daisy shrugged. "I'm going to the library after school, and I might meet with Kevin after that. Why?"

"Just curious," Christine lied. "Have you seen Brandon lately?"

Daisy sighed. "I already told dad my answer."

"Yes, but that was your dad. I'm your mother."

"My answer is the same," Daisy told her.

"I am not going to tell your father, Daisy. I just want to know what you're doing. When is the last time you saw Brandon?"

"Does it matter?" Daisy asked back.

"Yes, I need to know you're safe."

"I am!" Daisy exclaimed, "No one I spend time with plans to hurt me! If that's what you think of him then you don't know him at all and you don't know me. Can I please go to school now?"

Christine would not get a straight answer, she knew that. She would try later. "Fine," Christine said, "go to school."

Daisy jumped at the chance to leave. She hoped school would be better, but when she got to the front door and saw Kevin waiting for her she knew she was wrong. She was still furious about what he did to Brandon, but she could not tell him. Kevin did not know she was there, and she did not have an excuse about why she would know what he did to Brandon. Daisy had to act like she still enjoyed spending time with Kevin.

Kevin put his arm around Daisy as soon as she got close enough. He practically pulled her inside and walked her to her locker.

"How was your night?" he asked. "What did you do?"

Daisy shrugged. "I stayed home," she lied. "I'm still not completely feeling like myself, and I had to catch up on homework."

"That's too bad. Do you want to make up for it by hanging out after school?" he asked.

"I can't," she lied again. "My parents have been after me a lot lately for my grades. If I stay out to late on a weeknight they will ground me for sure."